• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new scape :)

ill have a practice with the iso settings and stuff see if i can get a good one without faffing around :D

i had a bit of an algae outbreak :oops:
can you spot it ?

DSCF3247.jpg

LOL :D
it took 3 large mossballs to make the carpet :p
2 of which have been growing outside for 2 years and where more ear shaped than balls lol :)

has anyone on here tried a marimo carpet before? i'd love to read some more into it :)

I have added a desk lamp to the existing lighting, seems to be quite commonly done :D
40w to be precise :oops:
so that is 48 watts :O
im going to turn off the origional light as im sure 40w is plenty? im no expert though.
ill be keeping a huge eye on the algae, i want the rear left plant to redden up though :p
the marimo carpet should go a bit mad :)

It's a great hardscape with masses of potential. My personal opinion is that a marimo carpet really doesn't do it justice.
Get some HC in there :D

im thinking of moving it into my crs/cherry/babaulti shrimp tank where it will deffinately be apreciated :p
also, i may be getting some glosso from another forum member so that should do a nice trick :)

stripped out the marimo carpet, and the nitrate actually stays above 0 on its own now :)
added 7 platinum tetras (no idea on an id), 7 pygmy corries and 2 amano/bluey shrimp. Im taking the neons to my college and the threadfins are going into another tank and increasing the amount of amanos (maybe rednosed shrimp in there too) and platinum tetras.
tell me what you think, i know the java fern looks j=huge and unruly but im waiting for it to attach then cutting all the leaves off so it can regrow submerged leaves lol :)
DSCF3496.jpg

DSCF3498.jpg

I really like the way it's turned out. You have a good eye!

Just one suggestion from me, is it possible for you to nestle the heater behind your scape? It takes the eye away from the focus a bit.

A little fine tuning and it's going to be a nice scape.
What are the tech specs?

tech specs haha :D
Very low tech to be honest,
14w t8 lighting, internal filter, carbon dosing daily and flourish trace every other day :)
once i get it just right, im going to strip the tank down and start on a new scape :p

Nice size. If I were you I'd try and get some more order and definition between foreground and background. Ram those plants in and get a good bush going.

im thinking of hacking back at the emersed leaves so it will reduce cluttering and also promote new growth :D
i have a fair few of these tanks but most are full of random fry or are brackish :D

Pulled apart and redone

DSCF3811.jpg

A slight alteration :lol:
basically, rescaped and thrown in any plants i have lyeing around spare to keep the water tip top. looking into plant choices now. Hc will be staying put though, and once it is more permanent i will hide all the equipment.

Back