• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new seal set for regulator ?

2pods

Does any have any idea where I could get a new set of seals for my Aquamas regulator ?
I've checked their site AND emailed them, but I don't think they want to know :arghh:

Otherwise , can anyone recommend a reg that won't dump when the pressure goes down, works with a FE, and the Aquamas solenoid ?

Ta,
Peter

Thanks Flora, but it's the set of seals that came with the reg and solenoid I was after.

One of the ones I'm using was chewed up (I must have tightened it too much) so I used one of the solenoid ones, which is not great.

Since I've had it like this it's been working fine, but the bubble size seems too big and fine control is erratic, missing one bubble in four.

I'm still looking for that "no dump" reg as well :lol:

Peter

It's the attachment of the needle valve/solenoid seals, I think.
I'll check tomorrow.

Peter

SuperColey1 said:
Wilko and B&Q have loads of different types and sizes of seal. I'd take yours in andy 'marry' it up to their stock and buy buy buy

As for a regulator that doesn't dump etc. Is there one?

I think most of us disconnect as soon as the cylinderpressure STARTS to drop in case.

Andy

I don't want to leave the tank without Co2 and I really don't want to disturb the seals, 'cos as I said it is a bodge.
Prolly if I disturb them I'll never get it without leaks again :lol:
I just thought there might be spare sets from from the sellers.

I don't know about a NDR (I think I'll copyright that - Non-Dumping Regulator), someone mentioned the Aqua Medic reg ?

I have two FEs and have changed one over as it STARTED dropping and am waiting for the refill guy.

2pods said:
I have two FEs and have changed one over as it STARTED dropping and am waiting for the refill guy.

I disconnected my FE as it had definately started to drop (Andy was right), phoned the the filler fella.....who said he had forgotten. :rolleyes:

He'll be here today, if he can make it, or early next week if he remembers :arghh:

Score so far :
1 x empty Aquamas bottle
2 x empty 2kg FEs

Algae be seeing you
I'll get my coat :lol:

Back