• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New small tank build.

Jaseon

So i made this other small tank that i was thinking for shrimp, but not sure what im going to do yet. Ive set this one up again with a matten filter, and a cheap internal to move the water through. There is quite a bit of flow which if i was to go for shrimp again i could easily add a sponge to reduce it. Was then thinking of fish that liked a bit of flow so will see. Plants wise i made up my mind to have one side as a moss wall, and going for ferns elsewhere. Not sure if I'm going to add bogwood or try something different but need something to attach the java to. Ive gone for a thin layer of river sand as i wont be panting into the substrate. The matten filter is kept in place by strips of glass so it slots in. Just thought id put it up here as its not a bad looking tank so far especially as the glass to make it was free.
20221109_200407.jpg
20221109_200338.jpg
20221109_200632.jpg

Hi @Jaseon Very cool! how big is the tank? would be great for shrimps unless there are any chance shrimplets would get stuck in that internal filtration.

Cheers,
Michael

Just added some bogwood i had from outside.

I cut it in half and tried to set it so it looks kind of balanced from where im viewing at the side of my pc. The java fern needs sticking down so ill choose some of the nice bits. Im not aiming for it to be tank of the year aesthetics wise, but will make a nice little home for shrimp. I did originally build this for yellow sekuras so im going to stick with that.

I will add a feeding bowl and the usual leaves for the shrimp to nibble on. Ill take another snap of it when its grown in a bit.

nice.jpg

This is what its looking like after 2 months. No inhabitants yet as i wanted the moss wall to fully grow in. I wasn't expecting much from the frogbit as ive heard people sometimes struggle with it, but its doing well. I have a nice ball of Subwassertang in there as well which ive never tried before. Once the moss mesh tube grows out more ill most probably lay it on the bottom.

2 months.jpg
2months.jpg

Back