• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Sony a380

Ian Holdich

grabbed a bargain a couple of weekends ago, after being sold a Lumix g10 as a DSLR, i took it back when i found out it was a compact with changable lenses, i got the sony a380 for £350 (bargain).

anyways, heres a few newbie pics...

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

the wife...(oh how she's changed since we first met)
DSC00243.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

this made me do a little laugh

DSC00266.jpg

thanks for looking and if you have any tips lets me know!

Hi,
The final photograph suffers from perspective distortion, characterized by tall objects appearing to be falling back or falling in. This occurs when the the photographer fails to hold the front glass of the lens parallel to the plane of the tall object.

This can be corrected in most image programs, most notably in Photoshop. A mini tutorial can be found in viewtopic.php?f=14&t=579

Cheers,

i'm in the market for an slr - how are you finding the sony?

as an entry level slr, i'm finding it easy to use. I would steer away from the a230 though as it doesn't have a live view mode. As a beginner i think live view is a handy thing to have. Saying that i haven't used it that much. The pic quality is very good though. The screen on the back has mini tutorials as well, so when you use the settings, it tells you how to get the best out of that setting. I'm very pleased with it. But i don't have anything to compare it to. I am struggling with aquatic pics though!

thanks for the link Clive, i shall give that a read. That particular pic was taken as i needed to show there was no thin ice, as said on the sign.

Back