• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New species of moss to be grown in my next planted tank.

FishBeast

Here are some pics of this moss which I found about a year ago and trialed in my last tank. I have never seen it online before. It is somewhat similar to star moss but is also unique. I refer to it as "Spire moss" as it grows in a spire type growth.

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

I have no idea how to fix it to stuff properly. Since it grows upward. So I intend to lay it horizontally and tie it and hope for the best.

This is a similar moss to flame moss but is also different. Emersed it grows so fast horizontally but submersed it grows vertically. Beautiful. Bare in mind that this poor moss is extremely heat stressed :(

IMG_4138.jpg

This is some strange variety of liverwort I have seen growing both emersed and submersed. I love it and will likely try to grow it but unfortunately my siamese algae eater like them more than I do.

IMG_4155.jpg

Indeed, there are a lot of Aus native plants that I'd love to get my hands on.

Garuf said:
Indeed, there are a lot of Aus native plants that I'd love to get my hands on.

There was alot of talk on an australia website http://www.rainbowfish.info/forum/viewt ... =15&t=1784 about connecting Dave Wilson from aquagreen with sellers in ohter countries. The last I checked it had gone fairly well so far with red tape and what not.

People here are concerned about rainbow fish keepers not having access to plant species which ranbow fish have evolved around.

Back