• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New substrate-Tropica "nature soil"

looks nice! its not clear that its made by Tropica though?

Well it says in the spec," Fertilized substrate: Tropica AquaCare" so I assumed it was a fertilized substrate made by Tropica.

Apparently not though, it is in development by by Oliver Knott himself, he intends to bring out his own product line in the near future according to Anti-Pjerrot over on ASW forum, a welcome addition anyhow.

Cool. 8) I hope Oliver can produce something with equal performance for a lot lower price. Competition might help drive prices down. We're paying way too much now for stuff that's basically kitty litter on steroids...

Cheers,

Looks interesting. Tropica are a quality brand, so it will be interesting to see results and more information. If it is like Aquasoil, to have any chance against ADA, they would have to beat it on price, they may find it hard to recrute the hardcore ADA fans I think.If it does the same job and is cheaper, I would buy it!

at the other end of the scale, it would have to be cheap to attract those who have been successfully growing plants in gravel (that includes me!) :lol:

Hey,

I found out a little more about this product while at Glea on firday with Dan. I had a chat with the guys on the Tropica stand. The product Oliver Knott is using is not a Tropica product, it is his own soil. Tropica ( I think ) are doing some tests on it for him but thats all ( as far as Im awear ) they have to do with it. Im also lead to belive it will also be cheaper than the other brands.

Cheers.

Is it just a gravel though? It seems to be. So no nutrient content.

Back