• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank - 4ft

aaronnorth

I have convinced my mum to let me have a 120cm/ 240l tank in exchange for my 180l & 60l :D I am going to keep this a simple scape so it doesnt cause me to many problems first time round such as flow & CO2 diffusion etc so i though an iwagumi would be perfect :) Although there may be the slight twist here and there such as some cryptocoryne sp added in ;)

Eleocharis vivipara
echinodorous tennelus
staurogyne sp.
HC

Untitled-8.jpg

DIY TPN+ (using dry powders) and probably ADA aquasoil Malaya i prefer the lighter colour)

I am unsure wether to get a 3x 39w T8 (2wpg) or a 2 x 54wT5 (1.8wpg). I know the T5 will still be higher than the T8 but i cannot make my mind up, depth is only 45cm too so penetration wont be a problem... :?

Thanks.

I have an Arcadia with 3 x 39W T8. I find using two of the lamps, with a mid day burst from the third is plenty of light.

Dave.

sounds like a rio 240 to me. mine is just lying around atm, cant decide whether do sell it.

looks good from the plans though. i never stick to mine. :lol:

Nick16 said:
sounds like a rio 240 to me. mine is just lying around atm, cant decide whether do sell it.

looks good from the plans though. i never stick to mine. :lol:

ha ha, the measurments are just standard for a 240l tank, they may change slightly but there is no specific brand yet. I have PM'ed Aquariums LTD but waiting for a reply.

I managed to stick to my plan in my 60l....for 3 months :rolleyes:

i will probably sell my 240, i have nowhere for it to go, i have never used it!!! i will have to get a smaller tank instead.

aaronnorth said:
Also how do you trim echinodorous tennelus? Can you just cut through the leaf or do you have to remove the whole leaf?

just mow it like a lawn. cut it to within an inch of it's life. wait until there's plenty of plantlets

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
Also how do you trim echinodorous tennelus? Can you just cut through the leaf or do you have to remove the whole leaf?

just mow it like a lawn. cut it to within an inch of it's life. wait until there's plenty of plantlets

Thanks, i have also decided on the 2 x 54w T5 - i prefer to have the higher lighting incase i change it, nothing i cant handle ;)

After thinking about it i have gone off the idea of iwagumi... :rolleyes:

I will be doing a jungle style (probably) because i am wanting angels, some corydoras sp and perhaps a few botia striata (all of which i have been wanting for keep for a long time) and these clearly wont suit the scape, i may draw up another plan later ;)

Thanks

You'll have to get your Mum to drive you over here when you're ready for fish. I'm getting a spawn weekly from the Black Corys now!!! Will be going cheaply compared to the LFS (If you ever see them in an LFS ;)). lol

AC

SuperColey1 said:
You'll have to get your Mum to drive you over here when you're ready for fish. I'm getting a spawn weekly from the Black Corys now!!! Will be going cheaply compared to the LFS (If you ever see them in an LFS ;)). lol

AC

This tank could be months away yet! I have to get rid of my others first and get saving some money ;)

If you still have some i might be interested though :)

Still have some left?? They will keep producing hopefully. Will see if my LFS will take a regular supply of my hands;)

AC

Just to say about Angelfish I bought a pair and they now breed! (And I don't even do water changes very often at all.)

Anyway what happens is they usually spawn on my Juwel Filter or Fluval Filter inlet and in their last spawn a few of the eggs hatched. I put them into a breeding cage but my Angelfishes managed to suck the fry out through the tiny slits and eat them!

Next time I'm going to put the breeding trap in my 30l, as I doubt green neons will do the same thing.

Just a word of advise, Angelfish and fry do not mix! Well not even in my breeding trap anyway!

Back