New tank background arrived today

alto

Looks 3D - in tank?
If yes, then note the heavily shaded areas - you can mitigate this with a point source LED directed at that area (as an example, look at the Kessil gooseneck arms which bend/swivel)

If you’re happy with the shaded areas as caves rather than planted, choose any light depending on your plant goals

Ask a moderator to move this Topic to Journals :)

Which came first - tank or wallpaper? :D
(great color mix)

Sgtpepper888

Yes it is 3d, the shaded areas are more severe than I originally wanted but I've come to like them already. I'll enjoy seeing the fish swimming into the "caves" they will make a nice hiding spot. They will also determine where I place my plants but I still think I'll be able to achieve what I want, I'm now guessing plants either end of the tank.

I'm also happy with the colour mix :)

rebel

Love those shaded contrast! get some of the identical stone and make it continuous on the ground as well. Epic!!

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
That looks pretty impressive, backgrounds seem to have come a long way. I like the tension it creates but it'd also be nice to see it the other side up just for comparisons sake.

zozo

That is what I though Matt, is it the right way up?
Certainly looks dramatic!
That was my initial thoughtas well...

If its for a planted setup than flipping it 180° could give quite a few nice options to use its crevises for planting.

Sgtpepper888

I actually think it looks decent like that,it will be interesting to see what effect the light has on it whilst upside down, also a planted wall In a fish tank....could look good

foxfish

The top one is how it is meant to be but the one on the bottom would be great for blind cave fish!

sparkyweasel

Very nice :)
Where did you get it from?
I prefer it upside down for a planted tank.
Right way up looks more like a cave scene for blind cave fish. Very dramatic, but not so natural for an above-ground scene.