• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank background arrived today

Sgtpepper888

Seedling
20190620_172520.jpg

Really struggling to figure out what light I should get for this :(

Looks 3D - in tank?
If yes, then note the heavily shaded areas - you can mitigate this with a point source LED directed at that area (as an example, look at the Kessil gooseneck arms which bend/swivel)

If you’re happy with the shaded areas as caves rather than planted, choose any light depending on your plant goals

Ask a moderator to move this Topic to Journals :)

Which came first - tank or wallpaper? :D
(great color mix)

Yes it is 3d, the shaded areas are more severe than I originally wanted but I've come to like them already. I'll enjoy seeing the fish swimming into the "caves" they will make a nice hiding spot. They will also determine where I place my plants but I still think I'll be able to achieve what I want, I'm now guessing plants either end of the tank.

I'm also happy with the colour mix :)

Yes it is 3d, the shaded areas are more severe than I originally wanted but I've come to like them already
i agree, i wouldnt light it up... its like a cove for the inhabitants to take a break from the show as they please :) very cool background.

Love those shaded contrast! get some of the identical stone and make it continuous on the ground as well. Epic!!

That looks pretty impressive, backgrounds seem to have come a long way. I like the tension it creates but it'd also be nice to see it the other side up just for comparisons sake.

That is what I though Matt, is it the right way up?
Certainly looks dramatic!

That was my initial thoughtas well...

If its for a planted setup than flipping it 180° could give quite a few nice options to use its crevises for planting.

I actually think it looks decent like that,it will be interesting to see what effect the light has on it whilst upside down, also a planted wall In a fish tank....could look good

Very nice :)
Where did you get it from?
I prefer it upside down for a planted tank.
Right way up looks more like a cave scene for blind cave fish. Very dramatic, but not so natural for an above-ground scene.

Back