• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank has LED

ToPlant

Seedling
Hi everyone
I bought a Rio 400 today and it came with led lighting I don't know much about it other than the guy said it was expensive led's
Obviously I don't know how true that is, should I just buy a new t5 ballast (see my other thread regarding a question to this) or try the led's first?
What do you think?

Thanks

Try the LED's first. I have T5's on Lido 120 and although it is a nice light I sometimes feel that the light is too intense for some of the plants that I have added. Reckon you would be better off investing in a Co2 unit and some good ferts.

He says they cost him £145 a year ago. That doesn't sound that expensive for led's but il give them a go.
If they aren't working what will I notice? Browning of leaves or just poor growth

Thanks

TMC were doing a set that were compatible with Juwel and Eheim tanks that were less than £145 so reckon there is a good chance that your lights could be reasonable. My understanding is that if your plants are well fed (Co2 and ferts) and the tank has good circulation, then the light becomes secondary unless you have way too much or are trying to grow difficult specimens.

There's a label that says betta products

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 147
Try the LED's first. I have T5's on Lido 120 and although it is a nice light I sometimes feel that the light is too intense for some of the plants that I have added. Reckon you would be better off investing in a Co2 unit and some good ferts.

2nd that all day long even on a Sunday!

Back