• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank Journal

dave_m13

Seedling
Hi All

Well I have never done a journal before, never really thought of taking pics whilst setting a tank up, well I started yesterday and thought it would be good idea to see what people thought and get opinions on how to make it look better.

Tank - 30x30x35 (31L) Aquatic Nature Cocoon
Lighting - 11W Overtank light white 6500K - Aquatic Nature
Filtration - Hang On Filter - Flow 200 Aquatic Nature
Substrate - Ferti Soil - Aquatic Nature
CO2 - DIY from Hagen Nutrafin Co2 System - Sugar and Yeast
Ferts - Nothing as yet
Decor - Some wood and landscaping rocks, Indian leaf
Flora - Fontinalis hypnoides, Riccardia chamedryfolia, Blepharostoma trichophyllum, Monosolenium Tenerum, Hottonia, Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae, Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv', some other fern
Fauna - Will be Cherry Shrimps wild and Bee Shrimps of some sort, not normal ones.

The Aquatic Nature equipment is only available to central european countries I believe, I know they do not sell in UK, which is pity as they have some really good stuff.

Anyway here are some pics.

Subtrate

08102008058.jpg

08102008059.jpg

Some initial pics of scape

08102008061.jpg

08102008060.jpg

Few plants added

08102008062.jpg

Left side

08102008064.jpg

Right Side

08102008063.jpg

Moss added not entirely sure what to do with them, so just ltting them grow.

Without background

08102008065.jpg

with Background

08102008066.jpg

I think with background looks better, anyway, here it is hopefully plants will grow nicely.

Appreciate comments

Thanks
Dave

Forgive me if i sound rude here, but what the point in useing such a nutrient rich substrate, for these types of plants? Seems such a waste, when they really dont need it..

dee said:
Forgive me if i sound rude here, but what the point in useing such a nutrient rich substrate, for these types of plants? Seems such a waste, when they really dont need it..

I personally like the look of this substrate, do not like gravel and I have Tropica/JBL/Tetra with sand in my other tanks, so wanted something different. As the tank is not completely finished and everything can be moved about as this substate does not make a mess I can add any plants.

If you would like to provide any suggestions, welcome to doing anything, no inhabitants in there at the moment. I would like to add Pogostemon helferi or Blyxia japonica but not sure whether the lighting would be good enough.

Back