• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank set uo

Gang@ukaps

Last week I set up a new tank 20L aquamode. I added 10 litres water from my other tank and top the rest up with ordinary water, added my heater and an aquaball with sipax at the bottom and substratpro on the middle and foam filter under the powerhead, come in from work today and the water as turned to milk - it just looks like a have poured in fully skim milk, any ideas.

Regards

Paul.

Gang@ukaps

Pic attached of milky water - any thoughts.

Milkywater.jpg

Regards
Paul

Arron

Substrate rinsed with cold water -this substrate was in my other tank,but there was not enough so I removed it all and it has been in my shed for about 10 months prior to being used last weekend.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Patience is a virtue mate. It will go away after some time. That's pretty cool looking though, never seen it that white ;)

Cheers,

Re: New tank set up

Gang@ukaps

Milky water solved - I decided to change all the water last night, whilst changing the water (about 3/4 of water removed) i noticed that a milky solution / lumpy residue coming from the back of my Jewel background - so I removed the background to my amazement the silicon sealent that I attached to the background had not gone off and was being diluted by the water. All sealent removed from background / glass by hand, gravel thrown away (contaminated) good job I have some spare.

Start again this weekend Inc new sealent.

Regards
Paul.

N.B Thanks for all your replies / concerns.

Back