• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new tank set up

update after rescape

Thought it was about time I posted an update.

I found a gorgeous piece of wood in my lfs and had to do a minor re scape.

As usual any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

I would add that I have started to attach small Windelov plants, i.e. less than 1/2", to small
pieces of slate with a view to populating the back right hand side instead of the crypts.

4938.jpg

These are the scapes I favour. I find the Amano type scapes are stunning at first glance and full credit to their creators (particularly the few that do something truly original rather than copying) but quickly lose my interest - bit like magicians (clever but ultimately quite boring).

I like the less clinical look (or perhaps more accurately described as "environment" rather than "look" (I think the terms serve quite nicely to distinguish between the types of scape). I think my favourite was the second collection of images. The latest is looking a little sparse and contrived but perhaps due to your recent reorganisation/addition of new decor.

My plans for some time now have been to move over to a more natural looking environment and I'm inspired by your tank. I hope to have similar success.

It looks very nice. That is a great piece of wood.

Is your hair algae situation getting any better?

Back