• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank set up

Wolfie

Hi all,
Have had my tank running for 9 days now, 46L, light Twinstar 450s, Ehiem 2213 filter, c02 (fire extinguisher), dosing EI ferts 10ml macro, 10ml micro alternate days, temperature 25c.
I have been doing 50% water changes every day.
A couple of Qs, 1... how much should i dial back water changes and by how much.
2.... light is running 7 hours 16% up to 65% and back to off at equal intervals, would it be safe now to up light intensity a bit say 5% each setting?
Any advice would be much appreciated TIA

Lighting I'm not sure on never had 'decent' lights on my tanks but water changes I've don't plenty of so hopefully this will help on a new set up. I saw this by @George Farmer,

Wk1 50% every day
Wk2 50% every other day
Wk3 50 every 3 days
Wk4 50% every 4/5 days
Then weekly. Gives you time to monitor plants/any algae issues and that will tell you what you need to do with light intensity and co2 balance. (Again never run co2, so can't proclaim to be an expert)

Hope that helps some way. But never had any major algae outbreaks doing this method of water changes.

👍

Thanks thats the water change routine im sticking to, upped lights by 5% each setting and will see how that goes

Back