• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Tank, Setup Questions!

hensintheshed

Hi all,

I have set up a new tank today with goal of using it as a nursery for my young plants for my other aquariums.
I am completely new to this method and have only ever grown plants in cycled tanks with fish and all the extras.

I would really appreciate your oppinion on a few questions ive been wondering about:

What would be the best way to set up this aquarium? (at the moment ive got tank, lighting & powerhead connected to C02 system)
Will I need a heater or can I get away without as may not add fish?
Will I need to have fish in the aquarium or can I get away with dosing it each week?

All comments & tips welcome and appreciated. Many Thanks James

Hi

I would go with good co2 diffuser + make sure you have good movement around tank, you can add few algea eating fish but not necessary

Makes sure you have a heater in there :)

So do you think it will work just as well without fish??

Hi James

It will work without fish but you'll just have to feed the plants (especially as you are using CO2), as there will be no other source of nutrients in the tank.
You may also get away with no heater if it's in a warm house, but if the temperature swings are too great then the plants will get the hump as most of them are from tropical climates.

Back