• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank substrate

hajtaler

Hi
I will start my first plant tank, and I have question about the substrate.
I want to use JBL Manado,Sansibar RIVER and AquaBasis .
My plan is to do first 2 cm of AquaBasis next 2 cm of Manado and cower this 2 cm of Sanasibar River. It will be OK? I want to cower Manado because I read is very light and can flow on the start, and don't know is good for fish feeding on the substrate
Thanks for any info

I wouldn’t recommend putting the Sansibar on top of the Manado. If it is heavier, as you suggest, it’s likely to mix in with the Manaso over time. Why not just use Sansibar with the Aquabasis.

I used Manado, and it is light and at the state there will be some particles that float, but over time this has settled. I also used an active nutrient base and have had decent results. Hth.

I wouldn’t recommend putting the Sansibar on top of the Manado. If it is heavier, as you suggest, it’s likely to mix in with the Manaso over time. Why not just use Sansibar with the Aquabasis.

I used Manado, and it is light and at the state there will be some particles that float, but over time this has settled. I also used an active nutrient base and have had decent results. Hth.
I like Corydora fish, and I read Manado is not so good substrate for them, they can make mess in the tank with this substrate

I need little help. I use to my set-up Jbl Mandao and AquaBasis plus, after I purchase and putting in the tank I start reading and find only negative comments about Mandao, floating, don't hold plants, can't make any elevation. And here I have a question, can I cover this Mandao with Amazonia soil for better plant's hold and to make elevation for my aqauscype. If possible, I will bay one bag 9l this should be enough to make 3-4 cm layer. If possible, which ADA Amazonia will be best?

Back