• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank?

TDI-line

I am after a new tank to go in my garage, the tank will be used for storing water for water changes only.

I am trying to source a custom built one of sizes 100cm x 60cm x 60cm, so this would be exacly half the size of my main tank (720 litre / 360 litre).

Does anyone know where i could get one built, and preferbly as cheap as possible, or any other solutions?

My local lfs has quoted my £240 which isn't bad.

I'll put a pump attached to a hose, then trouble free water changes, beats carrying 20 odd buckets of water through the house.

I also looked at the same dimensions but 100cm high x 60cm x 60cm to save space, but the quote was £600!

TDI,
Why go through all the trouble and expense of a custom built tank just for water storage? Why not just get a 60 gallon plastic barrel or two from a garden center? They even come with their own covers to keep the heat in if you want to pre-heat the water.

Cheers,

You can get slimline barrels with secure tops from here, http://www.smithsofthedean.co.uk/miscellaneous.htm

The 100 litre 'slimline' barrels are good for fitting into awkward spots IME.
For 39.99 you can have one delivered to your door. I use one for my RO water and just gave it a very good clean before using, filled it and left it to soak for a few days, then drained it and started using it. Everything has been fine. I fitted my own Hose pour tap to the barrel rather than a ordinary plastic job that leaks eventually.

Just a quick update, bought 3 100 litre slim line barrels from a local garden centre for £20 each, result. :D

Now for some proper water changes. ;)

Back