• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to aquaria, advice needed!

I never used to trim the roots or leaves off crypts and they seemed to take ages to do any growth. Now both ends get a good trim and the results are so much better, healthier looking and quicker.
Trimmed the roots before planting (they were huge!) and I think I'll do the leaves depending on how they look in a couple of days. I think there's some slight yellowing already so just want to see how it progresses before hacking them to bits.

All the new plants looked to be melting a bit so I've trimmed them down and we'll see how we go.
Also added a few root tabs and removed the floating section - stored for later, just in case. Looks much tidier but half expecting to see some algae now.
20200902_165257.jpg

Some cryptocoryne take forever to get going. My willisii x nevillii is just about to get a move on after 4 months 🙄 My wendtii took their sweet time too, about 2 months; same with my crispatula, but they are going for world domination now.
So I also need a bigger tank 😁

Back