• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to CO2

Like anything in this hobby, there are many ways to get it done. But I have found in my experiences that lots of surface agitation leads to a far healthier aquarium for both fish and plants.
Yeah I must admit, after reading the article/blog it made sense, and seems to only stand to benefit an aquarium.

My tank tank is not yet set up, so can’t test the theory for myself.

So I think I'm going to go with an in tank diffuser, against all your advice I know but I'm worried about cutting into the pipework and messing everything up. Maybe down the line once I know more I'll change it. I have a wave maker in there aswel to blow on the plants so I hope that helps. Getting the setup from co2art. Found 3kg CO2 for 55 deposit and 16 for a refill/swap there after. Hopefully as a beginner setup this will be ok, a bit of trial and error before I get it right
It's really easy to set up an inline diffuser on the fluval 07 range, I have done it on a 307 after having a in tank diffuser and you won't look back. You just need to buy 16/22mm tubing and cut it once extra (you can trim the edges of the ends to make it a little easier to attach). The one thing i regret (and am going to resolve sometime soon) is not putting the diffuser closer to the actual filter outflow. But I would definitely recommend going for inline over diffuser with only an extra 10 minute job and like £5-10 for pipe.

As for where to get co2, i found a local gas place (Andy's Gas in Bristol) because ultimately I wanted ease of refill, and I just got a dual stage regulator off of amazon which works perfectly, however it's really not much cheaper than going co2 art so either or really

Attachments

• inline.jpg
    inline.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 116
It's really easy to set up an inline diffuser on the fluval 07 range, I have done it on a 307 after having a in tank diffuser and you won't look back.
I did setup a the inline diffuser using new hoses but got annoyed by the mist in the tank so have changed it to a reactor. And the gas from Adams gas at £16 refill for 3k.
Quick question on the gas, when the time comes to refill do I need to dial it back in or can I just swap the regulator over and not change the settings?

I did setup a the inline diffuser using new hoses but got annoyed by the mist in the tank so have changed it to a reactor. And the gas from Adams gas at £16 refill for 3k.
Quick question on the gas, when the time comes to refill do I need to dial it back in or can I just swap the regulator over and not change the settings?
Just swap it over, be careful not to knock the needle valve if yours is sensitive, and it should be ready to go straight back into service.

What reactor did you end up purchasing?

What reactor did you end up purchasing?
Sera active 500. It's not amazing but it does the job. A few bubbles make it through so I think the 1000 would have been better. I think I will buy a better one down the line or make one but for now it's all working so I'm not going to touch it 😁

Sera active 500. It's not amazing but it does the job. A few bubbles make it through so I think the 1000 would have been better. I think I will buy a better one down the line or make one but for now it's all working so I'm not going to touch it 😁
Looks very reasonably priced, i might look into it as will be setting up a new tank with co2 soon also

It's really easy to set up an inline diffuser on the fluval 07 range, I have done it on a 307 after having a in tank diffuser and you won't look back. You just need to buy 16/22mm tubing and cut it once extra (you can trim the edges of the ends to make it a little easier to attach). The one thing i regret (and am going to resolve sometime soon) is not putting the diffuser closer to the actual filter outflow. But I would definitely recommend going for inline over diffuser with only an extra 10 minute job and like £5-10 for pipe.

As for where to get co2, i found a local gas place (Andy's Gas in Bristol) because ultimately I wanted ease of refill, and I just got a dual stage regulator off of amazon which works perfectly, however it's really not much cheaper than going co2 art so either or really
Hiya! Sorry to jump onto this old convo but I’m about to attempt to add an inline diffuser to my be fluval 307.
I’ve bought additional eheim hosing to replace the fluval hose provided. What did you do about the section which bends into the tank? I’m not sure what to do as it kinks.

Back