• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to CO2

Ok I'll get the inline haha. I assume i will need to change the hose on my fluval as it's ribbed and don't think It will fit

Ok I'll get the inline haha. I assume i will need to change the hose on my fluval as it's ribbed and don't think It will fit

Get yourself some 16/22mm clear hosing (assuming that’s our size) from the bay. Could even get some stainless steel or glass lily pipes too.

Where does the non return valve need to be placed on the system? Co2art doesn't seem to sell one that I can see so will need to order somewhere else. Any recommendations?

The non return valve goes on your co2 pipe to stop water back flow destroying your system when the solenoid shuts down. They are pennies on ebay but get a decent one not a cheap plastic one.

Ok perfect. I guess it doesn't really matter where on the pipe it goes as long as it's on there. I'll get one ordered

Does the in-line diffuser not have the check valve built in?

I’ve not set my new one up and it was a few years since my last planted tank as I’ve been doing marine.

So something like this would be ok?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413_212317_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413_212317_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 108
I have used a plastic check valve for years without any issue - I suppose I like the fact that its transparent so i can "see" if its doing its job properly.

Hi Erwin123, it's one of those things I guess.
If plastic check valves were rubbish then no one would buy them but the only time I have ever had a check valve fail on me it was a cheap plastic one.
It lowered my tank level, by a lot, destroyed my air pump and flooded my room.
Now I only ever use metal ones.
As I stated earlier it's just one less thing to worry about.

The Pro setup with the bubble counter fron CO2 art contains a check valve ... However having one at the diffuser end makes sense, when you need to refill the bubble counter 😉

Thanks for everything guys.
I have ordered the Pro-SE Series Complete Aquarium CO2 System with New Inline CO2 Diffuser.

Just for confirmation "both our regulators come with a check valve incorporated in the bubble counter" from co2art support.

Ordered another non return valve anyway to be safe.

Found a supplier of CO2 - 3kg cylinder

And new pipework for my 407 to make attaching the inline diffuser easier.

Is there anything I'm missing from my setup or should that be good enough to get me going?

All seems good to me. As I said earlier, warming the pipes and hoses in some hot water makes them more pliable and easier to fit. Good luck!

Back