• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to disposable nano co2

Ka7ybee

Seedling
Hello
I am looking for some advice please.
I have just set up a single regulator and nano disposable co2 cylinder kit.
I am struggling with a few problems:
I have followed the instructions, However, I could not find an o ring for the needle valve as in the instructions...and thought I may be mistaken as there is an o ring in the needle valve at one end....being too nervous about the whole thing anyway,
I just moved onto the next step!
The pressure is set to 0.3 MPa as recommended in the set up instructions. (Using a bazooka atomiser diffuser...as supplied with the kit) And I set the bubble count to 1 bubble every 6 seconds.
This pressure goes down to 0.2 MPa pretty quickly, the bubble count slows slightly...
I turn the pressure back up to 0.3MPa (is that the right thing to do, I don't know?!)
To then watch the pressure reduce again.
The solenoid and timer goes off and the bubble count reduces significantly, but doesn't stop.
I have used liquid soap to check for leaks, but dont see any...(that doesnt mean there isn't one though I'm guessing)
Can you tell I think I'm out of my depth?
Before all this happened, I did try to organise return of the kit, as I was unsure I wanted to go ahead with it!
I've been keeping non co2 tanks of various sizes for approx 17 years and this was me taking the plunge (reluctantly) so to speak! And now to have problems I don't know how to deal with, I thought I'd check with you guys!?
I have sent emails for advise to the merchant.
I also would like to know how I know the disposable tank is empty...as it recommends only removing when empty...but I read so much about eot dump I'm now overly concerned about this aspect as well!
Can anyone offer further advise? I don't want to endanger my livestock.
Little nano tank 18" x 10" x 12"
Cheers
KaZ

Attachments

• 1608333364958369478937958271364.jpg
    1608333364958369478937958271364.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 295
Looks like the CO2 Supermarket one .When you say the merchant did you mean CO2 Supermarket or a supplier ? CO2 Supermarket should help with the tech side any faults and the supplier is responsible

Yes I did buy it from co2 supermarket..
Just wasn't sure if I should say!

Think that's the attraction of this nano set the solenoid. Have CO2 supermarket got a video of it on website ? Maybe just switch it off while you get a reply. It's fine to mention a product good or bad members then can determine the info if someone has one they usually help with advice. Welcome to UKAPS

Yes, there is a video.
Well, it's not lost any pressure over night with the solenoid and timer off. I guess that's a good thing?
Thank you for your advise.
I will turn it completely off while I wait for a reply.

Hi,

How to know if your cartridge is nearly empty, when you fit a new one to the regualtor, weight the whole unit on some digital kitchen scales, knowing that they contain 88g of co2 you can soon keep a weekly eye on the weight.
We use a FE and use the same method, but will probably renew it when its down to a quarter of its weight to avoid that "dumping" problem.

Your bubble rate sounds quiet low a 1 per 6 seconds, though better to be cautious to start with; our tank is 50ltrs vs your 33ltrs and we use 40 bubble per min.

Whatever you set it to, allow several minutes for things to stabalise, it takes time for the pipeline and diffuser to build up the pressure needed to bubble properly.
Equally, when the solenoid turns off, it can take a good few minutes for the diffuser to stop bubbling completely as the pressure runs out of the pipeline,

Also little point we were not awaure of, is when you start the bubble count off, lets say 1 per 6 seconds, but then an hour or so later it had more than doubled to 1 in 3 seconds ?? turns out the heat from the solenoid slowly builds up and transfers to the body of the regulator and it causes the flow to increase; well it does on our single regulator.
Once aware if this you can set things accordingly, but like you are finding, when new to Co2 it all seems a bit mystical, but sure you will soon get things sorted, and your plants start a new growth phase.

C02 supermarket do seem to have a good reputation, have ordered bits from them myself, so hopefully they will soon be able to sort your problems out.

Omg thank you so so much for this.
I am slowly beginning to calm down and understand the basics.
Even though I have done the research. I still am a beginner to it all and have no one else to turn to to ask for advise.
The co2 supermarket peeps replied and said exactly the same as you!
I am very pleased, that I can relax a little and play around with it and get a feel for what bubble count suits the tank/ system.
I am so grateful for all this information on this forum.
Thank you for sharing in a way that I can understand as well!
I would love to move up to dual reg and FE at some point too.
I have a (future) plan to return to a larger tank (I have had various sizes over the years, and fell in love with a 4ft tank I had! ) ...maybe a 60litre (I live in a small railway cottage, so 4ft maaay not be an option!).
Good to know about the solenoid changing the bubble rate too ...hmm.
I have much to learn!
KaZ

Good to hear that Co2Supermarket got back to you, hopefully sorted out that missing (?) O ring ?
As said after each adjustment do allow plenty of time for the system to settle /equalise , hours even.

Though there is a lot mentioned about the Co2 Drop checkers, be aware that they can take up to a hour to react to the actual water parameters.
Generally just use the standard PH test kit a few times a day during the set up period, which gives you a more instant result.

Back