• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Wabi's!

Aqua360

A new collection of Wabi's I've started!

Monte Carlo, hemianthus micranthemoides, pogostemon erectus, hydrocotyle tripartite, alteranthera reineckii mini, rotala bonsai!

Couple waiting to be planted, but long term will look to use these in emersed set-ups!
IMG-20221109-WA0013.jpeg
IMG-20221109-WA0015.jpeg

Interesting idea for using these as am emersed growth 'ball' - how have you made them, is it just bound up sphagnum moss, or is there soil in there too?

I wonder if it would be possible to put a chunk of polystyrene in the middle so they can float - probably too much weight, particularly along with emersed growth, but it would be good to have a floating emersed ball that doesn't require a pot or shelf to be hung on the side of the tank.

Interesting idea for using these as am emersed growth 'ball' - how have you made them, is it just bound up sphagnum moss, or is there soil in there too?

I wonder if it would be possible to put a chunk of polystyrene in the middle so they can float - probably too much weight, particularly along with emersed growth, but it would be good to have a floating emersed ball that doesn't require a pot or shelf to be hung on the side of the tank.
Made with spaghnum and gravel core!

They float without a weighted core, but unless you have something to stabilise them, they don't stay upright/plant side up.

You can make these easily and very cheaply, when weighted they can be placed in planted tanks for very quick establishment.

Takashi Amano used these a lot for large displays, and i suspect they are used far more widely in aquascapes than many would think.

Hi there,

Never seen some one made it with gravel before, definetely want a tutorial!
See below! substitute gravel for the stone, should allow better root penetration!

Back