• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Website

nice site Neil, it looks very retro and is easily navigatable (is that a word?). Good work!

Glad like it, thank you :)

I had some positive feedback from Mr Evans too so it looks like it works! I thought I would see what people thought as I'm the only one thats seen it so far, and its also my first website.

Cheers very much mate. Still some bits to tweak - need to create an image(s) that will show as a thumbnail to preview the site if you link it on Facebook or Twitter as currently nothing shows, and also add some more work!

I really like it, I've a soft spot for design, I check draplin design co daily. Really nice site and work.

dory said:
Cool website, kinda reminds me of this magazine: http://www.behance.net/MattRumbelow/frame/993853. And you have some nice work on there too.

Cheers :) I do like the look of that zine, the type in it is really nice. As you may have guessed I'm also a big fan of white space and minimalism!

dory said:
NeilW, love that last page you've suggested, really good stuff on there, worth seeing.

That blog is run by these guys that were really high flyers on my uni course but a couple of years above me. They went on to go and work straight from uni for Mother who are possibly the biggest design agency in the UK. I'd recommend that blog to anyone.

clonitza said:
Nice portfolio you have there Niel, keep it growing.
Regarding the site, you could have used CSS for rollover instead of javascript and sprites instead of two images.
See this example or this one.

Mike

Cheers Mike :thumbup:

I did think of using CSS rollovers instead but using Javascript meant I could easily have it preload in the head of the page. Also meant it should be easier to update later as the tags won't have to be so descriptive/specific. I'll check out 'sprites' though as I havn't come across them yet, may come in useful :)

haha perhaps a 'design' thread is needed so I could dump the contents of my bookmarks.

I bet theres got to be a few of us lot who are into design considering the ADA admiration?

Design thread sounds like a good idea to me! Pretty sure there a quite a few of us!

Back