• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NEWAVE 1000 power head in large tank

danmil3s

hi first post so id just like to say thank you to everyone, been on here reading and learning loads over last couple of days. one of the many things ive learnt is i need better water movement i have a 750l tank 200 x 60x 60cm co2 injected and will start ei ferts when they get here (see learning).i have a sump filter with a pump that i think is pumping about 5000l an hour in to one end of the tank which has good water movement how ever at the other end of the tank no movement all though this is where the out let is so water must be passing just not moving plants at bottom i was wondering if a small NEWAVE 1000 power head would do the job
http://www.waterzoo.co.uk/ProductView.a ... &BrandID=0
all so can i please clarify 156 watts of t5 is enough light (2 tubes almost whole length of tank) as i understand it wpg doesn't work with t5s or large tank
hope that made sense tanks for your help

I would say it's no where near enough light by looking at other big tanks. Have a look at the fitch family guide on the homepage under links and see what comes out.

fitch family guide sorry where am i looking

ok found it thanks

ive read that be fore didn't really under stand all of the chart stuff but does that relate to t5 light tubes

I'd be going for the very largest flow pump you can get too btw, the very min we recommend is 10x the tank volume so 7500lph as a min and a lot more is much better, I've started to aim for 20x. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence that it aids growth, Tom barr is also suggesting that pulsating flows, similar/such as reef wave controllers use maybe something to consider.

Ignore the chart and use the calculator then use that as a rough gauge to roughly meet it with t5's. It depends on what and how you want to grow things.

so i need 257 watts thanks keep reading different things about t5 lights wasn't sure i do have some leds on too but i don't think they benefit plants (pfk review)
i did have more water flow through sump but the cost of running the pump was an issue with the wife maybe i could get a small 2000-3000 lph pump in the sump as well as the pump i have and direct that at thee other end of tank to help movement at the same time

rra0906.jpg
pics about a month old just wanted to see how up load works

just an update if anyone cares got the newave 2000 still not powerful enough maybe the next one up would have done the job

Back