• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbe help

lidz87

Hello everyone!

First of all hi. I’m new here :) Iv been into fish keeping for many years (about 7-8) and I have recently decided to get into aquascaping more.

First of all let me tell you about the tank. I know it’s not ideal for aquascaping and I don’t have massive plans. I’d just like to see a bit of a carpet and some taller stuff around the edges that doesn’t die off in a week or so. It’s 5ft by 2ft deep (I know, too deep really) by 18 inch front to back. After recently setting up co2 again with a home made reactor I now have the perfect 29.9ppm for the water quality in my area. I have also recently spent a fortune upgrading the lighting with two led FluvalSmart 3.0 plant units. (Very nice I must say. Especially with the app!) according to online calculators I should now be in the 20-25 par range for 8.5 hours a day. But without a meter I can’t check! I also dose with liquid non co2 fertilisers weekly as the instructions say.

The biggest issue I have is plants dying within a few weeks of them being in there. Or getting covered in a brown fur before dying. I am also seeing minimal growth from the plants that do survive. Compared to tanks I have had in the past with co2 and t5 lighting (which grew like crazy daily) I just cannot see where I am going wrong!

I’d gladly accept some pointers in things to try/things I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for now
Martyn

Picture

Attachments

• 9A25F20D-63A5-4B92-84F5-1917E91F34FD.jpeg
    9A25F20D-63A5-4B92-84F5-1917E91F34FD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
Back