• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie tank recommendations

Jay.driscoll

Seedling
Hi All,

i my looking for some recommendation, I am an experienced fish keeper been in the hobby for 25+ years, however I have never gone headfirst into a full aquascaped tank. I currently have a 600ltr marine tank which I have had for 10 years or so and a 180ltr freshwater jewel tank. I am moving home in a few weeks and sadly decided to give up my marine tank. the logistics of the move make it impossible for me to take.

So I have decided that after viewing from a far when I have moved and settled in the challenge of fully aquascaped tank is my next draw.

i am looking for recommendations on which tank to go for? upto possible 200ltr, preferably open top.

many thanks I’m advance

Jay

Hi,

An open top does add a new dimension to any aquascape as the lighting options are so compact these day.

As well as standard glass you have things like Optiwhite plus a choice of top end tank manufacturers, but all at a cost.

Suggest you keep looking in this section of the forum and the Journals section which has lots of new tank set ups etc.

As you will doubtless see there are several paths you can take with a planted tank, from near basic to as high tech as a marine tank, so many options to consider, so do take your time and read on :)

Back