• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie - urgent help needed please!!

fluffycabbage

Seedling
Hiya - i bought 8 plants about 5 days ago, from a so-called reputable lfs. However, i have since been told that these are possibly not aquatic plants :thumbdown: I'd love to know why they sell them right in the middle of the aquarium tanks then :rolleyes: Cant say im best pleased at all.

Anyway, it would really help me if you could ID these plants for me, as im going to see the manager on saturday to make a complaint and get my money back.

Many thanks in advance, Sarah :D

P1030832.jpg

P1030833.jpg

P1030834.jpg

P1030836.jpg

P1030837.jpg

I myself also fell into the non aquatic plant route when i started out, The plants they sell are ok underwater for a small amount of time, Few weeks at most, But will die eventually and cause problems.
PIC 4

Syngonium sp. or Arrowhead (Sold under various “sword” names)

PIC 3

Chlorophytum bichetii ?? Possible

Not sure about one and 2 But i also have purchased them when starting.
Hope thats some help? :thumbup:

Thanks - its just annoying, and a waste of money. All in their pockets, while i have nothing to show for it :(

fluffycabbage said:
Thanks - its just annoying, and a waste of money. All in their pockets, while i have nothing to show for it :(

That business in the end of the day. Not nice i know, But the targeting the right kind of "clientele" Thouse being the beginers, Very nasty and un helpfull to be onist and in my opinion not very good for exspanding you business through customer satisfication. People would how ever think twice about returning to there store if they just mentioned to us that they are unsuitable for the aquarium "long term".

Well thats exactly whats happened. I will not returning to that store to buy anything, regardless of the fact it sells a very good selection of everything! I will also make sure anyone i know doesnt visit it either.

fluffycabbage said:
Well thats exactly whats happened. I will not returning to that store to buy anything, regardless of the fact it sells a very good selection of everything! I will also make sure anyone i know doesnt visit it either.

And thats why customers repor is always top prioraty to our sponsors here at ukaps, Visit them instead, Planted box, Green machine etc.... There is a link

http://www.ukaps.org/links.htm

Hope that helps. Welcome to UKAPS aswell. :thumbup:

By the way, the plants in the first three photos ARE aquatic, so no need to take them back.

Mark

oh are they? oh great! the leaves are looking a bit dodgy, well were, ive taken them off lol - there are still plenty of nice green ones there :)

He meant Aren't. They're certainly not aquatics, simple typo. :)

What?!?! Pleeeease can someone give me a straight answer? Maybe a name would help so i can look it up? So many differing opinions everywhere!

Surely theres a law which forbids a shop selling stock which they know isnt aquatic?!!? Isnt it deception?

Hi Fluffycabbage
What colour is the underside of the leaf?
It could be Hygro Corymbosa if its silver ..... could be.

Ive had a similar looking plant previously.I didn't think it was aquatic.......the stems where to woody.
It lost all its leaves and died off so it went in the bin.
Regards
hoggie

vauxhallmark said:
By the way, the plants in the first three photos ARE aquatic, so no need to take them back.

Mark
Also Garuf
Mark did mean are read the full sentence,just to clear that up.
Regards
hoggie

hogan53 said:
vauxhallmark said:

Mark
Also Garuf
Mark did mean are read the full sentence,just to clear that up.
Regards
hoggie

Thought it wasnt typo. Im sure he is wrong too.

hogan53 said:
Hi Fluffycabbage
What colour is the underside of the leaf?
It could be Hygro Corymbosa if its silver ..... could be.

Ive had a similar looking plant previously.I didn't think it was aquatic.......the stems where to woody.
It lost all its leaves and died off so it went in the bin.
Regards
hoggie

Yep they are silvery. Even more of the leaves have come off now, and the remaining ones are looking a little dodgy. I'll give them a few more days, but i can this plant going in the bin :rolleyes:

Back