• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie with Co2, help! (JBl proflora M2003 questions)

Gerson

Seedling
Hello!

I'm new here and new in the hobby and hope you can help me.. I've just installed my new proflora M2003 in my new 400L aquarium (no fish yet). I have no experience with Co2 systems and have some questions.

1.a) The KH value of my new aquarium is not stable. Should I adjust the KH value in the controller every time I measure a different KH value in the aquarium?
1.b) How often should I measure the KH in the aquarium?
1.c) How can I get the KH to stabilize? The tapwater is around 8dh, but it keeps going down to almost 0 in the aquarium.

2) How often should I calibrate the sensors?

3) I set everything to "auto". What do I need to adjust manually, or is everything automatic after the start-up?

4) The CO2 doesn't come out because the PH in the water is around 6.7 and KH is set to 4. I've used Tropica soil and it seems the ph is rather going down than up. This means the CO2 system will not kick in unless the PH goes up, right? How do I get Co2 in the water for the plants this way? When I open the valve further, Co2 comes out for a while, but i assume it stops when the sensor realises the Ph is correct.

5.a) I have a big internal filter, also the heater is placed there in an open space next to the filter. Can I also place the reactor in that area or is that bad for the distribution of the Co2 and the beneficial bacteria in the filter?
5.b) Can I place the sensors next to the reactor or should they be further apart?

A lot of questions...but I hope you can help me.
Thank you!
Gerson

I have this system as well but I have not started my aquarium yet due to the cold and plants not able to be delivered. Any how , I’m going to use tropica and I know it’s going to lower the PH. My PH from tap is around 8 and KH at 5. I have seen jurijs use this system in some of his costumer tanks but he uses RO water if that makes any difference.
I’m following this thread

Tropica soil will lower kh for the first few weeks/months and PH can be difficult to read as a result.
I would hold off on using the system till kh values stabilise.

No familiar with the system. I would just leave it disconnected and use the co2 manually (or with a standard timer on SOV) until stable.

Back