• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

newly planted hair grass and tonina

tanker

after the initial planting stage, how fast does it take for hair grass to grow and spread across? i've planted mine for 2 weeks+ now, seems quite slow to take off. is it better to trim first to stimulate faster growth? as the existing hair grass seemed to have been in emersed form previously. certain top parts seem to turn brown

how about tonina? i notice the small top part looks great after 2 weeks. the mid and bottom part however look bad. i did not trim off the tonina prior planting, and it was about 8 to 10cm tall. i've read that we should trim to around 5cm before planting. probably a good idea as i can see some roots that begin to grow from mid stem.

i did spread to little clumps and spread across the area... i noticed some new growth when i accidentally pulled out one clump during maintenance yesterday. but it is still slow. my tank is 1 and half feet, hair grass as the foreground plant. if i trim right down to substrate, wont it die because it wont be able to produce food from the light?

i have high light and pressurised CO2. i think the CO2 is sufficient because plants are pearling, i dont use drop checker though.. i'll be getting my dry ferts this weekend finally!!! yeay!!! so hard to find it here...

but i still have problems with those algae that grows on glass... no other algae problem though. so i'm doing water change like every 2 or 3 days...
if i chop off the top of tonina, the bottom part, will it grow again? after a few days i dont notice new growth on some of these bottom part

thanks... i've noticed some new growth from the previous experimental trim on a few stems.. encouraged, i've trimmed all the tonina and replant it as the previously old leaves didnt look nice. it will also give an even growth to all the stems...

as for hair grass, it is slowly taking off... hope it will speed up soon

the algae that i have on the glass is probably GSA, or green dust. i'm not sure which one as both grows on the glass am i right? water turns green quite fast, i'm doing WC every 2 or 3 days due to it. aaron is probably right because i have yet to receive my k2po4, though i'm dosing brightly lights and have aquasoil malaya.

Back