• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nicks first ever scape (40L)

Nick16

right, il keep this brief.

tank: 40L 50cm (dont know the name, just an old tank :lol: )
lighting: 2x 11w clip ons
filtration: (havent decided yet, will update this, still after an external of about 500-1000lph)
substrate: powdered Akadama on the very bottom with a sprinkiling of osmocote. then jbl aqua basis topped off with some akadama (not powdered) but sived so the lumps are smaller.

right, this is my first ever aquascape and will be my forst ever planted tank, apart from the odd sword shoved in the gravel in my main tank!

can i have your opinions on this: (sorry about the poor pictures)

IMGP4403.jpg

IMGP4405.jpg

Cool! I'm not that good with rock positioning, but it seems to me that the outer two are pointing inwards towards the middle one... which doesn't quite look right. They're also too spaced out like aaron said.

more pictures. they are in two's

first two:

2nd-1.jpg

2nd.jpg

second two

3rd-1.jpg

3rd.jpg

what do you guys think? btter worse (probably worse)

Didn't notice at first look but you're right. Maybe it's fossil, looks like it was a happy face though!

confusing time now :)
For the laef stone, the standing up position in the first 2 is best, just more the rock up close to it, but try lyeing the right rock down so it is nice and low, i think that may work :)

thats the one i went for when i filled it.
hoping to have the following plants

i want to try growing some so they may seen odd.

dwarf sag
blyxa
vallis torta
moss of some kinds (probably spiky)
staurogyne
c.parva

Back