• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nicrew LED controller anybody used one?

afroturf

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a Twinstar light and then a S2 pro controller to help dim/programme the light however when it arrived it didn't work zero signs of life, so I'm considering buying a Nicrew dimmer instead see below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NICREW-Cha...&qid=1542967259&sr=8-2&keywords=nicrew+single

Just wanted to know if anyone has used one, are they any good? typically details of the product are sketchy, Nicrew website say it just programmable to have a 15min sunrise/sunset whereas amazon ad says it have 6 different programmable blocks, which is true? does each block ramp between to two settings or is it jump i.e. does it go strait from say 50% to 80% or is it a gradual ramp?

Or should I stick with the S2 pro/get another, sure I just got a dud.

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven,

I set up a small planted Nano tank for my daughter about 4 months ago, I have a small Nicrew LED unit which is fantastic. I recently bought the digital timer. It's brilliant, I watched a video on Youtube on how to programme but the instructions are easy enough to follow. I have managed to setup a very effective Sunrise & Sunset.

Twinstar E?

Does the light up panel on the S2 pro dimmer come on at all?

Did you need to buy the adaptor or did it fit right onto the light?

Hi, might give the Nicrew timer ago but tempted to wait for the official Twinstar controller to be released hopefully it'll be out by the end of the year, not got the tank up and running yet and going dry start so can wait a few weeks.

I have the 450EA same as the E just with adjustable legs, I did need to buy an adaptor 2.5 to 2.1 connector, no light came on the unit completely dead.

Back