• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nicrew Slim Led

Kevin Eades

I purchased a Nicrew Slim LED to go over my low tech tank so I could move my planted nicrew light onto my other tank to double up and increase intensity on the high tech tank. Now I am so impressed with this light for the cost I needed to post. For £26 delivered next day its a smart bit of kit. Seems more well built than the older Nicrew lights. Has a built in controller with timer for 8 10 and 12 hours and has some adjustability for level and colour. It also ramps up and down on the timer settings. It's not as programmable as the planted light but seems to pack the same punch at half the cost. I would recommend to anyone who wants a step up from standard light but needs something small to fit under a hood. Not sure its big enough for high energy tank on it's Own but a few of these over a tank could be much more cost effective than a high end light. I'll let you know how it goes long term. Good job I bought it as the light timer packed up the day I bought it and stuck on.

Been using a 45cm one over my shrimp tank for a while, great light and lots of output (luckily my shrimp tank is covered with floaters and infested with snails). My only criticism is the top heatsink gets very very hot, too hot to touch.

Edit: Just noticed that the planted version is half as powerful (in wattage) as the standard version, which might help with the heat concerns.

If you find the Nicrew brackets too low & want to raise the light a little I’ve just had the below arrive for a tenner from Amazon!
Tutoy 4PCS Stainless Steel Aquarium Stand For Aquatic High LED Light Lamp Fish Tank Holder Bracket Support-support for Amazon product ASIN B0756GG4XBIs actually a Chihiros item & fits the Nicrew light perfectly.

Back