• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Mountain scape 36L

Nigel95

New nano scape for a live contest (Vivarium) in November.

Have a look at my Youtube channel :)
>> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping
<<

Final video

Final shot
48698174908_192cb3d643_b.jpg
R-Nigel-Hoevenaar-40-cm-nano-aquascape-Taihang-Mountains-- by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank

40x30x30 cm
36 litre / 9.5 gal

Lighting

Aqualighter 1 30cm

Hardscape

Dragon stone

Substrate

Ada la plata
Lava split

Plants

Fissidens mini
Riccardia chamedryfolia
Flame moss
Eleocharis acicularis mini
Buce mini coin

Co2

Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor

Filter

Eheim classic 150

42421121225_c9a74dbb33_k.jpg
hardscape progress mountain 40cm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Hardscape

Yoghurt method moss dsm

Day 27

Details final stage
32215561467_95cd4033c6_h.jpg
aquascape-aquascaping-aquarium-nigel-hoevenaar-riccardia-chamedryfolia by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

47020328862_2bd7834620_h.jpg
detail-shot-aquascape-aquascaping-riccardia-fissidens-moss by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Last edited:
where did you get the dragon stone from?

Mostly LFS In The Netherlands

Very impressive already m8 :thumbup: how long did it take picking the right size rocks and breaking them up to get such a great looking hardscape? they look so tightly packed and natural :clap:

Thanks Bro. :D I just had a large collection to pick from which really helps.

Where are you gonna fill the eleocharis? Into the sand in the front?

What is the goal of the cigaret filter?

Where are you gonna fill the eleocharis? Into the sand in the front?

What is the goal of the cigaret filter?

Yes but only some details.

The filter method is for combining hardscape together, works really well. See more info about this in the video below

Do you have to use the liquid type superglue or can you use gel? How strong is the bond when cured?

Friend told me the liquid type is probably better than gel. I don’t know Why exactly Maybe the liquid type goes easier into the cig filter. It gets really hard when its cured. I can no longer move the stones.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Filipe Oliveira uses the liquid super Glue and a mix of AS crumbled to glue DW to rocks, worked well in his live demo I went to see all DW stayed down as he had it flooded in a few hours later

I used this method in my last 80 cm rescape for stones and wood. Works good but not as firm as the cig filter method.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back