• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Mountain scape 36L

Nice Nigel, maybe the MC is an bit too large for this tank, HCC would suit better?

Nice Nigel, maybe the MC is an bit too large for this tank, HCC would suit better?

I agree HC would be better but to much headache out of aqua soil. MC leaves can almost be the same as HC, if you have plenty light and trim often. Also the MC is only in front so should be doable IMO.

I agree HC would be better but to much headache out of aqua soil. MC leaves can almost be the same as HC, if you have plenty light and trim often. Also the MC is only in front so should be doable IMO.

Elatine hydropiper would have been another option but it's an slow grower

Elatine hydropiper would have been another option but it's an slow grower

Elatine is beautiful but a tricky bitchy plant. To much risk for a contest thats so close. Can melt out of no where. Also mc is a good choice between hardscape because it always creeps down.

Yeah elatine Goes slow Haha

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Elatine is beautiful but a tricky bitchy plant. To much risk for a contest thats so close. Can melt out of no where. Also mc is a good choice between hardscape because it always creeps down.

Yeah elatine Goes slow Haha

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Got some on my 60P and yes, it has take it's Time to melt and then grow but once it does, it's like mini glosso.

Gotta agree about MC; easy, simple to trim and care and creeping habits.

Day 51
30975456728_e7d8ffac79_h.jpg
shrimp nigel aquascaping by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

43937024055_14f20c9fc1_h.jpg
day 1 vs day 51 dsm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

30975454478_fb5834909f_h.jpg
vivarium mountain aquascape nigel hoevenaar by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Impressive moss growth, can’t wait to see the post comp shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks so cool Nigel, can’t believe how much the moss has grown in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccardia chamedryfolia, fissidens mini and some flame moss
44618682035_9fcf029eff_h.jpg
riccardia chamedryfolia fissidens mini moss aquascape - kopie by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Very tiny baby shrimp. Only a few mm. Hard to photograph! On some micranthemum micranthemoides and on the right some monte carlo leaves.

44618683015_bd3dc66700_h.jpg
mm and yellow shrimp nigel aquascaping by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

I've never been an huge fan of diorama scapes but I have to say, yours is awesome, well deserved man!

What's the plant in the front corners? Hemianthus micranthemoides?

Can we have an FTS of this beauty?

Thanks! :clap:

Back