• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nightmare on video a Spectacular Brockenspectrum

zozo

Spooky! :eek: Isn't it?... Here you also see the birth or ancient Germanic origin of the 'Nightmare'... :nailbiting:

Once upon a time long ago the Germanic tribes kinda feared venturing into the foggy 'Moras' known today as the Moor(lands). It was these creepy shadowy figures moving in front of you, beside you or following you. You can't catch them no matter how fast you are they always move away from you or with you at the same distance, and they never reply to your calls. They appeared suddenly out of nothing and disappeared again into nothing. As we do they also had dogs and other animals and sometimes it looked like they vanished into each other.

In time these mysterious creepy figures became known as the shapeshifting 'Moorgeists' and they named them The Mare's and Elves. As said able shapeshift into anything at will into whatever they like to fool and get to you. But are mainly seen as a little black hairy creature or a beautiful young woman or a white or black horse or turned back into mist at will. At night they come with the fog into the villages, never through the door, but through the windows or cracks and holes in the house or stables. At night they ride the horses and make them nervous, tangling their manes and tails. The Germanic tribes in mainland Europe named it that tangled hair on the horses 'Mareklatten'. This was the identification to determine a horse ridden by the Mare at night. They also did ride the trees, such a tree could be identified if it grew a 'Mistletoe' back this was named a 'Marenest'. Some trees infested with 'Marenests' also grew another parasite known back then as the 'Marequast' or 'Moorquast' literally translated as the 'Mare Brush' Today it's named the 'Witch's Broom' in the Denish language it's still named the 'Hekskvast' (It's actually a fungus).

Anyway, if you forgot to stuff all the cracks and holes in the house or left open a window the 'Mare' could sneak into the house at night and ride your chest and do all kinds of nasty stuff with you while you are sleeping and give absurd and or even erotic dreams... And so it became and still is today "The Nightmare" Waking up screaming out of breath with a heavy feeling in the chest.

Here is a 17th-century painting depicting the Elves and the Moorgeister (The Nightmares)
782px-Moorgeister_und_Elfen_19Jh.jpg

Johann Heinrich Füssli 1781, the Mare riding a sleeping maiden on her chest.
1024px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

Same artist 1793, the Mare swiftly sneaks out of the window on a horse, after harassing a couple of maidens waking up from whatever dream it was they had.
1280px-Johann_Heinrich_F%C3%BCssli_014.jpg

This old Germanic folklore and its origin kinda disappeared into oblivion with the rising of Christianity... But obviously Hung by the Nightmare didn't refer to the dream itself. It was the little naughty rascal from the moors that sneaks in at night that is the culprit...

In some areas in Europe the saying 'You are ridden by the Mare' is still in use today if you have a kinda mental problem and behave rather strangely.

That's the story behind the Nightmare... Sweet dreams... ;)
:)

The funny is the British Dog breed Border Terrier still has the nickname "Moorgeist" in certain areas in Germany. And the German word for Nightmare is 'Der Albtraum' it means 'The Elfs dream'.
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYmF6b2VraS5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJhc3NldHMvaW1nL2hlYWRlci1kb2ctaW1hZ2VzL2JvcmRlci10ZXJyaWVyLXZpZXJrYW50LnBuZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InBuZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5IjoxMDAsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjpmYWxzZX0sInJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6NTQwLCJmaXQiOiJjb3ZlciJ9LCJzaGFycGVuIjp0cnVlfX0=

Last edited:
At night they come with the fog into the villages, never through the door, but through the windows or cracks and holes in the house
The best case for a hermetically sealed passive house yet...

It was these creepy shadowy figures moving in front of you, beside you or following you. You can't catch them no matter how fast you are they always move away from you or with you at the same distance, and they never reply to your calls.
Is it refracted light creating a shadow of the walker; as in atmospheric optics?

Either way very spooky :eek: and a remarkable phenomena. Nice write up on the origins of a word we take for granted too Marcel 👍

The best case for a hermetically sealed passive house yet...

We have an old folks tale of a farmer that was married to the Mare... The Mare was regularly visiting his farm to ride his horses at night and it bothered him so much that he planned to catch it one day. And he managed this by stuffing all holes and cracks in the barn and only leaving open the keyhole in the door. And the night it came back he heard the horses getting nervous, he went to the barn plugged in the keyhole and went in. Then he encountered a beautiful young woman sitting on his horses. He instantly fell in love and forced her to stay and finally married her and also had children.

The rest of the story is much too long to remember the morality from the back of my head... But indeed he did it hermetically sealed, but still, it wasn't a happy end. After all, it still was a (night)mare.

Is it refracted light creating a shadow of the walker;
My best guess is, it's a simple vertical shadow against a wall of mist. Without any mist, there only would be a horizontal shadow on the ground. The foggy wall reflects a vertical shadow that looks like walking upright with you at your front back or side depending on where the light comes from. The distance between you and your shadow depends again on the density of the fog.

I can imagine people from a few millennia ago getting totally freaked out by seeing and or chasing or calling out to their own shadows in the distance. And create a mythical ghostly story around it. The Mare and Elves are the same shapeshifters and originated as the ghosts of the moorlands.

In Proto-Germanic it was the 'Moras', (Anglo) Saxon named it depending on the dialect the 'Moor' or the 'Maar' in today's (Franconian) Modern Dutch it is 'Moeras'. The ghosts from it were the 'Mare' or the 'Elves' or the 'Albs'

In Old Saxon, it was 'Nachtmare' whereas the Anglo Saxon/Old English 'Nightmare' derives from. In Old High German and modern German, it still is 'Albtraum'. And 'Alb' is Old German for 'Elf' and 'Traum' is 'Dream' so it's the 'Elfs Dream'.

Anyway, it all refers to the ancient mystic creepy ghosts of the foggy wetlands and seeing this video I kinda realised this probably might be the first time the nightmare's origin is finally recorded on film. :cool:

In the modern Dutch language some Folk Etymology caused by Christian influences changed it into 'Nachtmerrie' where 'Merrie' actually stands for a Female horse. This is from French influence because in French a 'Mare' is a female horse and with this correlation with the 'Mare' and 'Female horses' and the Christian influences demotivating pagan myths over time erroneously associated 'Mare' with the female horse. But it originally isn't. The Old Germanic Mare has only one connection to the horse and that is the shapeshifting properties. But the 'Mare' is a mythical ghostly figure from the moors.

Also in modern English, a 'Mare' is a female horse and it's from French influence. But the 'nightmare' has a ZIP connection to a female horse, the confusing part (Folk etymology) is the shapeshifting ability of the western Germanic 'Mare' had horses in it also.

Darn, Christians... :rolleyes: No pun intended... :)

The rest of the story is much too long to remember the morality from the back of my head... But indeed he did it hermetically sealed, but still, it wasn't a happy end. After all, it still was a (night)mare.
This also reminds me of the traditional fairytale/nightmare scenario of folks being kidnapped by fair folk and being forced to marry one of their kind, that never ends well either. And also of kidnapping a healthy child and replacing it with a changeling. Often the changeling resembles the healthy child but is weak and imbecilic. In recent times this has led to some speculation, that changelings are a failed attempt at producing a hybrid. The fair folk take the healthy child to improve the success of their continued breeding program.

There is a tradition of this in different cultures the world over going far back in to antiquity, and it continues in modern shamanic cultures today. Often the shaman claim to have taken a fair folk wife and to have had children which can only survive in the fairy realm. They also claim to have spent many years there at a time, whilst time appears to stand still in our world, in the Germanc tradition of Rip Van Winkle.

Curiously there are many parallels between fairy kidnappings and alien abductions. I guess they could well be the same thing (whatever you the believe the cause is) the only real difference is perhaps the cultural point of reference.

For instance, in the unenlightened medieval era unexplained phenomena would be put down to the supernatural. Today with our advanced technological society, it's aliens from outer space, or from within the hollow Earth, for example. However, these days it rarely ends badly since the abductees usually make it back to tell the story.

Which kind of brings me up to the present. Some major research is being done on psychedelics, psilocybin and DMT (dimethyltryptamine), not just in advanced medicine e.g. possible cures for untreatable depression and end of life anxiety, but for its own sake. For instance, volunteers are being kept in a state of altered consciousness for hours at a time through intravenous infusion of DMT so they can familiarize themselves with the terriane and get their bearings.

Nearly all the subjects have encountered the same entities or sentient beings, some of which resemble our traditional notion of fair folk or elves. The entities also appear to want to communicate with the subjects and pass on information. and knowledge. And in many cases it's reported the entities appear to have been waiting for the subjects to return.

I guess whatever your particular belief, it all brings in to question a commonality, which is the nature of human consciousness. It's all a bit woo woo, but makes for fascinating reading. After all who needs hugely expensive and risky missions to the Moon and Mars when there are far more interesting universes to explore from the comfort of a research laboratory.

Visionary (The Mysterious Origins of Human Consciousness) by Graham Hancock
The Divine Spark (Psychedelics, Consciousness, and the Birth of Civilization) by Graham Hancock (ed)
The Immortality Key (The Secret History of the Religion with No Name) by Brian C. Muraresku

Curiously there are many parallels between fairy abductions and alien abductions. I guess they could well be the same thing (whatever you the believe the cause is) the only real difference could be the cultural point of reference. For instance, in the unenlightened medieval era unexplained phenomena would be put down to the supernatural. Today with our advanced technological society it's aliens from outer space.

Indeed there are many parallels in all kinds of myths and saga's from different cultures all over the world. I guess it's a genetically implanted instinct in the human brain the will to explain and to believe. Both go hand in hand and can't go without each other, one can explain and believe in a romantic sense or the other explains in a scientific sense and only believes in peer-reviewed factualities. Both still have the urge to believe and the wish for it to be true whatever it is, just for peace of mind so the world makes sense. That might be the science behind believing and romance.

And some hang in the middle as I do, I love science and also love those stories the ancient as well as the modern versions. To me it's of equal value true or not it doesn't matter it's a kinda beautiful child's logic. When I walk through the woods or in the mountains as the holist that I am I feel a power around me I can't explain as if it talks to me in a universal wordless language. The same happens when I look up into the sky day or night, I guess we all do and can't help imagining things in awe. The world around us is alien already. Aren't we aliens ourselves just yet to be found?

In ancient cryptozoology, the Greeks used to have the goatlike forest spirit 'Pan' that could be heard making creepy noises in the woods causing people to crap their pants and come running out screaming in 'Panic". :woot: I guess it still lives today in another shape as a hairy hominid named Bigfoot, Sasquatch or Yeti etc. all over the planet. I don't care true or not it's a wonderful story. If you believe then it's true and it hurts nobody. I don't know and don't believe but it's like chocolate cake for me and wish it to be true, that would be the laugh of the century. Anyway, what's a forest without the presence of alien spirits?

The talkative and adulterous Nymphaea Echo was banned and imprisoned in the mountains. And there her spirit repeats the traveller's words and noises for eternity.
The Germanic and Norse myths had the malicious dwarfs (Dvergar) taking you for a ride with repeating your calls and they named it something like 'Dvergmali'
The scientific view is equally beautiful but let's be honest it's much less intriguing and it still can't explain why and how we hear the noises when the Nightmare brings us a dream. After all, that is hearing without any physical frequency at our eardrum but we still often remember everything that was heard and said in the dream realm. Mythical or what? Life itself is a constant Mindf#ck isn't it...

Last edited:
I love science and also love those stories the ancient as well as the modern versions. To me it's of equal value true or not it doesn't matter it's a kinda beautiful child's logic.
Marcel you'd love those books I've added at the end of my last message, they're very thought provoking. They're also available on Audible too.

Marcel you'd love those books I've added at the end of my last message, they're very thought provoking. They're also available on Audible too.

Thanks! I will look 'm up, audiobooks are fun to listen to... I know Graham already for quite some years now and he's a great storyteller.
Do you know his rival counterpart and more down-to-earth historian Dr David Miano, he has a Youtube channel where he always factually nitpicks Graham's and alike stories apart when he gets the chance.
https://www.youtube.com/@WorldofAntiquity

Now you mention DMT, there actually lives an old rich dude near my place that bought an entire park with a big pond with chalets around it and made a closed private property. It's very close to my place and a beautiful paradise-like-looking park. I used to sneak in there over the fence and hide at the wooded shoreside to go fishing in the pond when I was younger. The current owner seems to be an old hippy advertising with giving personal save-guided Ayahuasca sessions. I didn't know I heard it a few months back from a girl I had a chat with. She did it and was nothing but positive about it. I'm not sure yet if it's something for me, but kept it in the back of my mind. maybe one day 15 minutes at the right time, a shorty, but hours?? Kinda spooks the crap out of me. Dunno yet...

She did it and was nothing but positive about it. I'm not sure yet if it's something for me, but kept it in the back of my mind. maybe one day 15 minutes at the right time, a shorty, but hours?? Kinda spooks the crap out of me. Dunno yet...
If you decide to have a go I may come with you.

Thanks! I will look 'm up, audiobooks are fun to listen to... I know Graham already for quite some years now and he's a great storyteller.
Do you know his rival counterpart and more down-to-earth historian Dr David Miano, he has a Youtube channel where he always factually nitpicks Graham's and alike stories apart when he gets the chance.
https://www.youtube.com/@WorldofAntiquity
Was hoping he'd done a critique on Graham's new Netflix series Ancient Apocalypse. An article in the Guardian branded the series the most dangerous on Netflix.
I thought it was pretty spectacular and Grahams theories well thought out and wonderfully presented.

If you decide to have a go I may come with you.
I first try to find out if it ain't just a rumour, at the time I need to find out who to contact and ask... It's not an everyday question to ask. The girl that told me was an occasional meeting wouldn't know how to find her back and even forgot her name. If I find out, then I let you know something... I know the place all my life and it is within maybe 2 miles walking distance from my house. A few months ago I heard what the owner does there. But I know it's a very beautiful place. As long as I know it it is private property completely closed off from the outside world. There are several wooden chalets in one of them that I know is from a club 'The sociological society' if I remember correctly. It's an old Lignite pit that stopped mining somewhere in the 1920s or so after that nature took over now it's a large pond in a small forest and since it's an old pit totally surrounded by +100-year-old trees you can't see from the street. Cristal clear water littered with waterlilies and large schools of huge old wild carps. Back in the day when I still did angling it was a mysterious secretive mouth-watering paradise it still is today for other obvious reasons. A place one would like to live forever run around naked and never leave. I always envied the selfish owner keeping it locked up for himself only. :confused: "If I were a rich man! didledydledidledum!"
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-06 171548.jpg

Was hoping he'd done a critique on Graham's new Netflix series

Kayleigh did :) she is a Dutch anthropologist and also a history buff, she now and then works together with David Miano, and they also made a few video's together.

Graham definitively has some facts wrong or turns them around to his advantage to thicken the plot it seems. But which storyteller doesn't, that's all in the game. I can go along with his idea of an older forgotten or never found civilization... I just don't walk away with the babbling about them being so much more advanced that they could perform magic. But for humans as craftsmen, we have definitively lost artisanal abilities in evolution due to laziness and social time and money stress in our so-called highly advanced society, I'm sure about that. So advanced, I meet people every day that don't know the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. I guess we have to go back to the stone age again somehow to find out what a human brain with primitive tools is capable of making. The evidence is in front of our eyes, they did it or else it wouldn't be there simple as that. How did they do it, being less lazy, more time and more inventive of course? Not with a Fairy magic wand to soften the stones.

But still love to listen to Von Daniken and how he tells the story, I always have to lol about his accent when says Many Ears Ago instead of Years and such.
I did read his first book in 1975 or so where he also was lying through his teeth in some cases... Anyway, we need nutcases with also some good and bad points. If we should hang every official scientist that lies we would have a lot less i guess.

Who was it again who said? "Scepticism is the most effective way never to learn something new"

Last edited:
Back in the day when I still did angling it was a mysterious secretive mouth-watering paradise it still is today for other obvious reasons.
Sounds like a beautiful place.

But still love to listen to Von Daniken and how he tells the story
Me too. Both Graham Hancock and Eric Von Daniken are great storytellers. And very good at narrating their own books.

Who was it again who said? "Scepticism is the most effective way never to learn something new"
My favourite is, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

If anyone is "flirting" with the ideology of " awakening" the mind may I suggest Dr Timothy Leary, Aldus Huxley, William S. Burroughs, and let's not forget Allen Ginsberg.

I'm positively sure that an hour in one of Mr Lilly's deprivation tanks, with some "cactus" juice..... will reveal the cause of bba...

Fantastic post Marcel 😁

Did I mention Aldus did poems.... about fish tanks... ish 😗
The Reef...

My green aquarium of phantom fish,
Goggling in on me through the misty panes;
My rotting leaves and fields spongy with rains;
My few clear quiet autumn days--I wish

I could leave all, clearness and mistiness;
Sodden or goldenly crystal, all too still.
Yes, and I too rot with the leaves that fill
The hollows in the woods; I am grown less

Than human, listless, aimless as the green
Idiot fishes of my aquarium,
Who loiter down their dim tunnels and come
And look at me and drift away, nought seen

Or understood, but only glazedly
Reflected. Upwards, upwards through the shadows,
Through the lush sponginess of deep-sea meadows
Where hare-lipped monsters batten, let me ply

Winged fins, bursting this matrix dark to find
Jewels and movement, mintage of sunlight
Scattered largely by the profuse wind,
And gulfs of blue brightness, too deep for sight.

Free, newly born, on roads of music and air
Speeding and singing, I shall seek the place
Where all the shining threads of water race,
Drawn in green ropes and foamy meshes. There,

On the red fretted ramparts of a tower
Of coral rooted in the depths, shall break
An endless sequence of joy and speed and power:
Green shall shatter to foam; flake with white flake

Shall create an instant's shining constellation
Upon the blue; and all the air shall be
Full of a million wings that swift and free
Laugh in the sun, all power and strong elation.

Yes, I shall seek that reef, which is beyond
All isles however magically sleeping
In tideless seas, uncharted and unconned
Save by blind eyes; beyond the laughter and weeping

That brood like a cloud over the lands of men.
Movement, passion of colour and pure wings,
Curving to cut like knives--these are the things
I search for:--passion beyond the ken

Of our foiled violences, and, more swift
Than any blow which man aims against time,
The invulnerable, motion that shall rift
All dimness with the lightning of a rhyme,

Or note, or colour. And the body shall be
Quick as the mind; and will shall find release
From bondage to brute things; and joyously
Soul, will and body, in the strength of triune peace,

Shall live the perfect grace of power unwasted.
And love consummate, marvellously blending
Passion and reverence in a single spring
Of quickening force, till now never yet tasted,

But ever ceaselessly thirsted for, shall crown
The new life with its ageless starry fire.
I go to seek that reef, far down, far down
Below the edge of everyday's desire,

Beyond the magical islands, where of old
I was content, dreaming, to give the lie
To misery. They were all strong and bold
That thither came; and shall I dare to try?

We have a similar legend here in Scotland, though I don't imagine it's very well known.

That's a nice one... :) I never heard of it...

It seems to have its roots in ancient times from Indo-European to Proto-Germanic and Proto-Celtic cultures and travelled its way through Europe.
Also the Irish Mhytical Goddess 'The Mórrigan' is suspected to have a connection here. The goddess of war, death, doom and fate. She also is described to have shapeshifting abilities.

Not all but the majority of Etymologists agree it all must have the same ancient root.

Pitty for history is the Ancient Celtic and Germanic cultures didn't believe and had no fate in writing and rather told tales at the campfire. They said writing can be destroyed while the spoken words keep existing from father to son. Unfortunately how wrong and underestimating the where... :( As said before the rise of Christianity destroyed a lot of ancient pagans' beliefs, myths and rituals or simply Christianised them to their own advantage as they did for example with Halloween, 'All Hallows Eve', "Sollemnitas Omnium Sanctorum" A Christian festivity that happens to fall or just made it up (I dunno) in the same period as the Celtic Samhain the old years' death and new years birth ritual. So Celts still could party but then honouring Christian holey spirits instead.

So all etymologists mainly have to rely upon mainly Old Latin accounts written down by Greek and Roman scribes that travelled Europe or much later Folkloric accounts and puzzle their way through this.

Last edited:
Going off on a tangent somewhat.... our village, like most villages across Europe has a spooky tale, this one is in the form of a boggart, or more specifically "The Barcroft Boggart"

What does a Boggart look like I hear you ask...
boggart-005.jpg

The tale...

In the 1889 book ‘Memories of Hurstwood, Burnley, Lancashire’ by Tattersall Wilkinson, otherwise known as the Sage of Roggerham, the author recounts the story of the Barcroft Boggart. Barcroft Hall lies in the parish of Cliviger in Burnley, so the story probably originates from this area, though, as Wilkinson points out, the “tale is a very ancient one, and probably dates to a time long before the present Barcroft Hall was built”.

A farmer lived with his family at Barcroft, and upon waking in the morning they would often find the house cleaned, the fire lit, and other household chores completed. One cold winter night, the farmer called down the stairs to his son, and asked him to bring the sheep into the barn for shelter. He heard a squeaking voice call back, “I’ll do it!” A little while later the same voice was heard to say, “I’ve done it, but there was a little brown one that gave me more trouble than all the others!” When he went down to the barn the next morning, the farmer saw that a brown hare had been housed overnight with the sheep.

No one had yet laid eyes on the mysterious helper, and the farmer’s son became curious to know what kind of creature this could be. He made a hole through the floor of his bedroom which allowed him to see the room downstairs. Peering through early one morning, he saw what appeared to be a small, shrivelled old man sweeping the floor, with no shoes on his feet.

The boy, being grateful for the work done, wanted to repay him in some way. He had a small pair of clogs made so that the boggart would no longer go barefoot, and left them by the fireside before he went to bed. Looking through the hole in the floor the next morning, he saw the creature take up the shoes, and heard him utter the words, “New clogs, new wood, T’hob Thurs will never do any more good!”

After this point, the boggart only did mischief. Pots were broken, animals became sick, and the family even woke one morning to find a bull was stuck up on the roof of the house! Eventually the farmer lost his patience with the boggart, and he and his family decided to pack their things and leave. Having loaded their cart and set off, they reached a bridge spanning the river at the bottom of the valley, when a voice called out from beneath, “Stop while I’ve tied my clogs, and I’ll go with you!”
The farmer realised that he couldn’t escape the boggart that easily, so he might as well turn back around. “Nay!" he said, “If tha’at going with me, I’ll go back again!”
Legend says that a boggart may do no harm unless he is given a gift. Other tales warn us never to name a boggart. So we must assume that a large number of people either ignored these warnings, or were unaware of them, as more often than not we hear of boggarts doing mischief.

Just a little north of Barcroft is Brunshaw, where you might be unlucky enough to encounter the Bee Hole Boggart. This dreadful little creature is said to have snatched away a woman known as ‘Old Bet’, leaving nothing but pieces of her skin on a thorn bush nearby. Brownside Road, which leads out of Brunshaw, is said locally to be named after the ‘brownies’ which live under the bridge there.

If you happen upon a boggart funeral, it’s probably not a good idea to stick around. Back in Tattersall Wilkinson’s home town of Roggerham is Extwistle Hall, once the home of the Parker family. Captain Robert Parker had been attending a Jacobite meeting one night and was on his way home. He crossed a bridge and was astonished to hear the incantations of a boggart funeral. Intrigued, Parker hid in some nearby trees and tried to get a better look at the procession. As the creatures passed, the moon lit the brass name plate on the coffin – and to Parker’s horror it revealed his own name. He took this as a warning against his association with the Jacobites, and played no part in their failed uprising in 1715. It seems, however, that once again boggarts proved difficult to outmanoeuvre, and Parker died just three years later. After a day’s shooting which turned out wet and stormy, he came home and removed his coat, placing it in front of the fire to dry. Unfortunately he forgot about the large quantity of gunpowder in the flask in his pocket, which exploded, causing the injuries which would lead to his death.

James Bowker’s ‘Goblin Tales of Lancashire’ (1878) tells the story of two men who stumble upon a boggart funeral. One of the men, Robin, sees his own image in the coffin, and dies just a month later.

Those who live south of Yorkshire and Lancashire are less likely to encounter boggarts, but if you suspect there might be one in your area, there are some precautionary measures you can take:
Plant holly. Not only useful for keeping boggarts away, it will ward of all kinds of malicious creatures.
Leave a pile of salt outside your house.
Hang a horseshoe on your door.
Leave a saucer of milk in the garden. We’re not sure why, but this seemingly does not fit the category of a ‘gift’ to the boggart. Perhaps it just attracts other, less supernatural wildlife which boggarts aren’t very fond of.
Last but not least, never, EVER, give a boggart a name!

Whoòoo...

Credit: Nicola Roscoe-Calvert.

Last edited:
Going off on a tangent somewhat....

Absolutely... Bogies, boggarts and bugganes...

boggart.jpg

Back