• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nikon D7000 lens 16-85 VR or Nikon D5500 LENS 18-55 VR II

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi Guys,

hope you are all doing well ?
Sunday was my 30th Birthday, so my wife asked me what I wanted for gift and I asked a camera.
I will use it for family pictures, aquascaping pictures, and for motocross also.
I was first tempted to go with the Nikon D5500 with lens 18-55 VR II, because it's more recent have the wifi etc... I have read on pictures forum and specialize web site that it's a good camera when you learn photography.
But than the Nikon D7000 lens 16-85 starts to show me signs the "hey I am a better camera". Older but better and a longer learning curve than the other one. More pro etc...

So here I am to ask you members that are more experimented than I what would be the choice between these two?

Regards
Zanguli

The D7000 is coupled with the better lens but the D5500 gets the newer/better sensor.

For me, the major factor is articulating screen (D5500) vs AF Fine-Tune (D7000).
They are mutually exclusive. Learning curve is the same for both models.

I would pick the D5500.

Back