• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nitrates

Marty.h

I tested water earlier

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

PH 7.6

No matter how much I feed I cant get any nitrates I know the plants want this one thing I did do from the off was add a load more biological media to the filter but if it's the same as marine then this will not remove Nitrates as the bacteria in that does not go anaerobic which is needed for nitrates.

Having read they say a planted tank ideally wants 20ppm of nitrates I'm struggling to get any the plants are clearly consuming everything in the marine world this would be a dream any ideas.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

What nitrate source are you using? What test kit?
I'm using the Api Freshwater Master kit to test.

And dosing wise I'm dosing the below as pictures
6ce17aa76552b9389564ae4ab75f5745.jpg

Hi Marty, you can’t have 0 nitrates when you live in Norwich. Have you tested the tap water? Compare your result to the waterboards website.

Here in Cambridgeshire our nitrates is 40 coming out of the tap.

Ps. Check out Filipe oliveira you tube for dosing Seachem. A good description in the video description.
Don’t forget he is using a A LOT OF root tabs in already rich soil to make Seachem work.

Hi Marty, you can’t have 0 nitrates when you live in Norwich. Have you tested the tap water? Compare your result to the waterboards website.

Here in Cambridgeshire our nitrates is 40 coming out of the tap.

Ps. Check out Filipe oliveira you tube for dosing Seachem. A good description in the video description.
Don’t forget he is using a A LOT OF root tabs in already rich soil to make Seachem work.

From the tap I have 5ppm but even doing a 75% change come the following day no trace in the tank.

I'll take a look a YouTube

Hi Marty,

Have you checked the water board website?

5ppm from the tap is super low for east anglia!
Yes it states higher when I lived up the road and had my marine tank there it was 40ppm out the tap however the water here is defo 5ppm I have tested it a few times and could not believe it

Hi all,
Have you checked the water board website?
I'd definitely start there.
Best bet is to stop testing and look at your plants, if they are doing well happy days
Same for me. I trust the plants more than I trust the test results. Have a look at the <"Frogbit plants"> in <"this thread">.
40ppm out the tap however the water here is defo 5ppm I have tested it a few times and could not believe it
Is there a <"nitrate reduction plant"> on your local water supply? You should be able to find out from your water supplier (probably Anglian Water?). I know they've installed a <"few of these">.

cheers Darrel

Back