• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nitrile Washers

Slyspy

Seedling
Hi there. Does anyone know of a source of nitrile washers so that I can connect my D-D CO2 system to a fire extinguisher without the risk of a leak?

Cheers

Yep, got one of those. Does it not need a washer or is the seal tight enough as is?

Ah sorry. I'm not sure tbh! If it doesn't come with one I would assume it doesn't need it. Some people use a layer of PTFE tape to make sure connections don't leak, you could use some as (if I remember correctly) the D & D kit comes with a roll of PTFE.

You really should have a sealing washer between any 2 surfaces invloving gas. I you are lucky and the 2off surfaces are flat and clean you may get a gas tight seal. Try some washing up liquid in a small amount of water in a cup whisked up. Paint it on the area in question and if you have any bubbles then you will need the said washer. A much better version of a nitrile washer is a Dowty washer, any good engineering shop supplier or an internet search will get you one. The are desinged speciffically for sealing high pressure joints and wont deform like a nitrile washer under pressure.

Hi. I've got the same D+D convertor as you and I got a pack of 100 nitrile washers for £4.99 + £1.50 P+P. I contacted this seller http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/washersdirect ... TQ:GB:1181, on the recommendation of another UKaps member (sorry, can't remember who it is now!) and asked for 19mm od x 12mm id x 1.2mm Nitrile rubber washers. He was quick to respond and sent them out to me pronto. Hope this helps!

Back