No Co2

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Ashton, 15 Mar 2009.

1. Ashton

Ashton Member

In the past I've always used Co2 in my tanks except for my 20 litre where I've used Seachem Flourish Excel on a daily basis and any liquid plant food that I had available.

I've recently parted with most of my tanks and am now starting up a new 50 litre In which I'll only have a few species plants. I don't want to use Co2 as I've not got the room for the equipment and don't want to use the daily dose of Tetra CO2 Optimat, as last time I tried this I forgot to use it more times than I actually squirted it. Funnily enough I've never forgotten to use the Excel which I always use at feeding time.

So..... I was wondering if this would be sufficient for use in 50 litre tank and if so what would you recommend that I use with it. Alternatively which would be a good way to feed the plants without having to go to too much expense, I'd hate to loose the two plants that I've paid a fortune for.

Just as a matter of interest I'll be adding some Egeria densa to help start the planting off

2. mick555

mick555 Newly Registered

hi. give the experts at the green machine a call. i would imagine that easy carb would do the trick though.