• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No Imagination

Personally, I like option 2, although option 4 could work if you play more with the right stone - don't be afraid to angle is to the right too.

Also, push the stones right into the substrate and, like Mark said, brush some sand around the base of the stones to give the impression the stone has come through the ground and has been like it for years and years. Right now they look a little set on top of the land... I know this is only a play scape atm, but still... every little helpsâ„¢ :D

will do, will do.

I have tried the paintbrush technique..
IMGP1522.jpg

IMGP1524-1.jpg

ps. the rock choice for these pictures isnt necesarily the one i will go with, just the one that was already in there.

I agree, it does make it look better, what do you rekon to the scape, I quite like this:
IMGP1528.jpg

IMGP1531.jpg

IMGP1532.jpg

I cant believe the poor quality of my pictures :( It looks much better in real life.

I've just tweaked it a little more, something im sure i will continue to do in the future when scaping inside the tank etc..
Need to look at planting now, i kinda want something different than the usual HC foreground, thanks for your help

Adam

Yeah, don't rush it bud... Samc suggested moss earlier, and I'd agree... maybe a gravel foreground, moss in the cracks and stems of your choice for the background... so many options available :D

Looks awesome, all choices look good to me. I think this will be stunning when it's done.

I think im going with a half open fore, with sand/fine gravel and then close to the "second rock back" as it were 2-3 species of moss for in the rocks too, and then a grassy type plant here and there, and some rotala in the rear.
thanks

HI ad,i really like the rock layout,but i would try it in the tank if i were you,that way you will get a better sense of scale,
good luck, john.

Back