• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No Imagination

AdAndrews

I have sourced some awesome Seryu stone but coming to scape it is a huge struggle to me, i have tried to replicate other scapes that i am hugely impressed by ie.. little mountain but im really struggling to come up with something myself, ive searched through ADA galleries and yes i have taken inspiration but cant seem to create something different, what do you guys do?

Adam

samc said:
have you tired it in the tank?

No, im doing it outside at the mo as the tank is already in use and has livestock in so my plan was to come up with what i liked and then take everything out of the tank, put the new decor in, plant up and fill..

thought that was the case.

its hard to get a good feel of how it will be until you do it in the tank.

if you could run the filter in a bucket with the fish in. and plants in another bucket, they should be ok for a couple of days which would give you some time with the tank.

for some reason i struggle to come up with ideas intill i do it in the tank.

Here are some pictures:
IMGP1491.jpg

IMGP1492.jpg

IMGP1493.jpg

IMGP1494.jpg

the size of the towel i have scaped on is roughly the size of the tank and the height of the rocks will come up nicely.

Ok, i think my planting choice just needs to be different then, i was planning on blyxa on the far left corner and then p.helferi infront of the rocks and a HC fore, but that would be to similar to little mountain.. I may take on saintlys stems idea, i think that works very well, how do you think it will look based on this main, 1 stone layout? dont want to turn out with a volcano look :lol:

thanks.

Wow, that's some really nice stone ;)

The layout is great too bud, I'd be more than happy with that :)

It might help to get yourself a bag of kids playsand so you get an idea of how the stones will look when set in to the sand. It'll also give you chance to play with different shapes to the substrate, like a steep rake to the rear, or a mound in the middle, or even back to one rear corner.

JamesM said:
Wow, that's some really nice stone ;)

:lol: :thumbup:

JamesM said:
The layout is great too bud, I'd be more than happy with that :)

It might help to get yourself a bag of kids playsand so you get an idea of how the stones will look when set in to the sand. It'll also give you chance to play with different shapes to the substrate, like a steep rake to the rear, or a mound in the middle, or even back to one rear corner.

alrighty, i will probably just end up changing it when in the tank. Thinking about planting now, i think my ideas have all changed, not sure what to go with now

This may sound crazy, but I sometimes cut a cardboard box to size, cut the front off and then do my scape inside that. It allows me to get the dimensions about right.

I think the rock formation you've got looks great though. And the planting plans sounds good to me.

amy4342 said:
This may sound crazy, but I sometimes cut a cardboard box to size, cut the front off and then do my scape inside that. It allows me to get the dimensions about right.

I think the rock formation you've got looks great though. And the planting plans sounds good to me.

What a coinscidence, i have just looked down at a cardboard box before looking on this and thought, ah, i'll do it in that :D

thanks. :thumbup:

:D

I have started to scape in the box and the 1st thing that i have noticed is that the main stone is soo heavy it flattens all substrate under it, so that may call for a mound :)

If you have any fear of damaging the tank, use a small amount of polystyrene under the rock before you add substrate.. this can help hold the rock at the right angles too :thumbup:

some quality stone mate.

i'd get some cheap sand and bang it in the tank to practise.

a little like this....

iwagumipractise.jpg

it allows you to brush the sand up the rock edges thus, allowing for a more aesthetic pleasing scape. it also allows you to see the 'reality' of what the stones may look like with 'bad' edges hidden.

i've made some dull stones look good by doing this.

THe Placement of the Stones is Amazing.
It looks vLike the Entrance to an Ancient Creatures Lair

Ok, I have a few choices, the options are not huge variations of the scape, i just cant decide which looks better
Option1:
IMGP1496.jpg

IMGP1497.jpg

IMGP1504.jpg

Option2:
IMGP1506.jpg

IMGP1507.jpg

IMGP1508.jpg

Option3:
IMGP1510.jpg

IMGP1511.jpg

Option 4:
IMGP1514.jpg

IMGP1516.jpg

IMGP1517.jpg

Sorry for the mass of pictures btw..
Thanks Mark i would have tried that before i took the pictures but for this purpose i think what i have done is ok.

what do you guys recon?

Ad

Back