• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No Mans land

Hi all

I recently left another forum because of terrible moderation and ive been registered on here since january, so i may as well being to post my progress.

A run down on stats etc:

Rio 125
56 watts of T5@ 6 hours a day
Tetratec ex700 and a Koralia 1
Clay cat litter capped with sand
TPN+ and Easy carbo @ 5ml a day

Now i've got all the boring stuff out of the way, here are what i have to show for my efforts:
week 1:
IMG_0464.jpg

week 3:
IMG_0486.jpg

I am no longer too struck with the vallis, so i may remove it and add more wood and Microsorum pteropus.
week 6:
IMG_0509.jpg

Current stock is 7 ember tetras, whilst i was cycling, The Cycle finished on friday so I will be buying some more fish tomorrow.

here are some other pics, some better than others admittedly:
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

When i've finished stocking, it will look something like this:
2 Mikrogeophagus ramirezi
20-30 Hyphessobrycon amandae
10-12 Corydoras habrosus

Positive comments/criticisms are more than welcome :thumbup:

Looking good Jack :thumbup:

The plants look in great condition, and nice fish choice with the habrosus.
I think removing the vallis is a good idea, because there is a big height difference between that and the crypts. Or you could put some more java fern in between the vallis and crypts to balance it out a little? And you could try to make the path area in the middle right a little more defined with perhaps some graded gravel around the rocks?

Hope this helps
Alex

I think i may get the lump hammer out tomorrow and obliterate the last remaining rock, so i can place graded pieces around the rocks like you suggested...The plan is to add some more java fern where the vallis is when i can afford the wood lol

cheers, Jack :thumbup:

cheers sam :)

I went out to the Local Maidenhead Aquatics yesterday and snapped up a pair of rams- my favorite fish.

I'll get pictures up when I have the time.

Cheers, Jack :thumbup:

Thanks all for the comments, to my dismay the 2 Rams i bought turned out to be both females, so i purchased a stunning example of a male yesterday, i will get pictures up when i have time as i've not been very well this week.

Which MA did you get the rams from? and were they Czech bred?

I was chatting to one of the staff @ Syon Park MA about rams a few weeks ago.

Do they "need" a cave/nesting area? (lol i think i'll leave all the Questions there! :crazy: )

Looking forward to the pics.

thefubar said:
Which MA did you get the rams from? and were they Czech bred?

I was chatting to one of the staff @ Syon Park MA about rams a few weeks ago.

Do they "need" a cave/nesting area? (lol i think i'll leave all the Questions there! :crazy: )

Looking forward to the pics.

they were from MA at trowell

They dont need a cave, but apostogramma species do.

I haven't updated this for some time, so here goes:

I've added more microsorum and wood, and some shrimp, and I plan on replacing the Ember tetras with Trigonostigma hengeli or espei, the vallis has been removed.

heres the pictures:
AAAAAtank.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Constructive comments/criticisms are welcome.

Cheers,

to me it looks a little bare, have you thought about adding a foreground plant or some stems at the back.?

it also looks like you have got diatoms, have you thought about getting an otto or BN? (if you have the stocking to allow it)

i dont think having rotala sp green would look right, the whole scape would look too green. i think R.rotundefolia would look better, the pinker tips would aid the scape better IMO.

I'm going to try C.parva, when I've done all of the christmas shiz, I've really cut back on lighting so I'm Sticking to the slower growing species, I'm also waiting for the microsorum on the righ to fill out more as it was only added last week, I've thought about getting a pleco, I may get a clown pleco or BN, still unsure, I'm not too struck on ottos.

Cheers,

by the way, the diatoms in the above pictures, have now gone, they were taken 4 weeks ago, bar the FTS.

avoid the clown plecs, i have two and i NEVER see them, they just hide under wood. get a female BN, much better and active ALL the time.

Back