• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Fish all gone today, tank is sitting empty
Managed to find these tiger lotus bulbs ranging fron small to medium sized. A few dosen, need to go ASAP.
Anyone fancies for £20 delivered?

20211026_190353.jpg

It's very sad to see the end of this epic tank but in a way a bit of relief that the strapping held all that length of time. I know you were confident but I bet I wasn't the only one who winced a little everytime you updated.

On to the next one.

Last edited:
As a straight up noob I sat and read this from the start to finish admittingly skimming some of the stuff that went over my head. What a roller coaster ride.

How did those flood lights do? Were they the 6500k RGB rated ones peopel use as house lights you pick up for $40sh on amazon? I can't even remember what wattage you used were they 40s?

would a single one work for a low tech 22" deep tank 17"x19"?

As a straight up noob I sat and read this from the start to finish admittingly skimming some of the stuff that went over my head. What a roller coaster ride.

How did those flood lights do? Were they the 6500k RGB rated ones peopel use as house lights you pick up for $40sh on amazon? I can't even remember what wattage you used were they 40s?

would a single one work for a low tech 22" deep tank 17"x19"?
Id suggest you asked this question in the lighting section of the forum, but yeah 1 of them lights might do just fine.

Mine are 50w, and I wish I went with warm white (they are cool white)

Ahh Filip, it’s always a wrench when a scape is torn down especially one such as “The High Tech Beast”. But what an epic journey. Thank you very much for sharing. Like everyone else I’m a little sad but definitely looking forward to whatever you choose to share next…

Ahh Filip, it’s always a wrench when a scape is torn down especially one such as “The High Tech Beast”. But what an epic journey. Thank you very much for sharing. Like everyone else I’m a little sad but definitely looking forward to whatever you choose to share next…

Thanks Tim
As Im typing this, Im looking at the empty tank and my motivation to do anything with it is fleeing me.

Might be a while before my motivation comes back, Ive quite a few other priorities at the moment which are 3 kids (including one special needs) and going self employed.
Perhaps when things get rolling my motivation will come back, or maybe its the pressure of half term that is supressing it. No idea 🤣

For now, the tank is sitting patiently.
I shall keep you guys updated whatever happens!

Hello everyone!

Hope youve had a great Jubilee weekend, and your tanks are humming nicely.

Ive got a bit of sad, and final news.
Despite my various thoughts on what to do with the Beast going forwards, fate would not have it.

I was offered an exceptionally good job on the island of Jersey, and decided to move the family there. It has been a trememnduous adventure, and we love it here.

However, that means the house in Liverpool will be rented out, and the Beast will be dismantled and recycled.
I have made my last trip to see it this weekend, and snapped a couple of last pictures.

Its been a very rewarding journey, but as all things good and bad, they must end.

Spending one last night in our "forever home" now empty of kids, the glow of the Beast, and full of memories was quite emotional for me.

I hope you've all enjoyed the journey with me.
I took many risks making it happen. I wouldn't have life any other way, its simply too short, and Im not planning on taking regrets with me to the afterlife.

Much love
Fil
20220604_182815.jpg

20220604_182806.jpg

Hi Filip, thanks for sharing you experiences and good luck with your new job, Jersey is OK but only 18 miles away is a really great island!
Thanks! I hear its full of alcoholics!
Been meaning to visit ever since I heard 🤣

All the best with your new life adventure Filip. The Beast really was a must for myself to follow similar to Mission Bathtub as a look forward to and your plant growing sucesses superb.

Back