• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Non-Tropica HC

Tom

I've had a basket of plants just sitting there on TGM's website for weeks now that I keep tweaking, trying to get the perfect selection for the mini m. Since seeing the constant good reviews about plantedtanks.co.uk, I've re-made my basket over there for literally a 1/3 of the price. Trouble is, they don't seem to have HC. Are there any recommendable online shops that can supply HC at a reasonable price, not over £6 per pot? I've had trouble with Plants Alive and Java Plants in the past.

Cheers,
Tom

I doubt you get reasonable quality for anything less than 6 pounds on HC. I tried Java and e-bay on HC and next time I'll buy Tropica 1-2 Grow as it was not worth it. That stuff really works. Maybe if you mail TGM they can order it . I've seen also Aquatic Design Center selling cheaper than TGM on some pots -2 pounds (1-2 grow HC pot was 5 pounds) but not sure if they post or Living Waters will order you and post if you ask them also cheaper than TGM.

I know its not online, but it might be worth checking your local Dobbies Garden World if you have one (or even P@H). My local Dobbies normally has tropica HC in at their standard price of any 3 pots for £10 (the trick is buyign it soon after it arrives before it goes brown and nasty).

I got some via eBay and the seller also has an online shop, pretty good to be honest and growing nicely:

http://www.theplanttank.co.uk/aquarium- ... 216988d9f8

They don't list single pots of HC but I bet if you contact them with your full list they would be happy to oblige - that or check eBay for them as I got a single pot delivered for under £5.

Thanks for the suggestions - I didn't know planttank.co.uk or theaquaticroom.com existed! I think I'll go with planttank, as they do 3 pots for £7.50 That's less than half of the Tropica ones. I just hope they're ok!

George - I haven't tried asking here because I didn't think people would have it in that sort of quantity unless stripping a tank. I only want 3-4 pots though. I might post up for a bit of Riccia when it comes to it. I fancy trying it sparingly in with the HC.

I don't have a local Dobbies. I know Swallow Aquatics gets Aquafleur HC in sometimes, but I doubt they'd know what it was if I phoned them. Too far to go just on the offchance. Pets at Home is also hit and miss, but when they have stock it's not bad at all. I haven't seen HC there locally yet though.

I'm getting inpatient talking about this tank and not being able to plant it yet!!! Roll on the end of the 10 liter. Can't be long now...

Thanks again :)

My pot of HC from planttank was good, used half in my 60cm though I should have used all of it to get quicker coverage :) I'd use them again without question.

Back