Norf' London CO2 Refill

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by YzemaN, 29 May 2008.

1. YzemaN

YzemaN Member

I just got my second CO2 FE from www.firesupermarket.co.uk. The first one went from 55 bar to 50 bar in about eight weeks. Then I fitted a needle valve and apparently I had a leak so it went from 50 bar to 0 bar in just over a week. :( and I had to get another FE. I also got some CO2 tubing from AE as the old soft tubing from my previous Nutrafin yeast setup couldn't cope with the pressure. I now have a non-leaking CO2 setup and hopefully BBA won't take over the tank as it did with my inconsistent yeast based one. I'm now left with a spare CO2 cylinder and have been trying to find a place that would refill it for less than £25. All the webpages I look at say that it would be cheaper to buy a new one (gotta love London), but people here (I know, they're northerners) claim they can get a refill for £15. Does anyone know of a place?

BTW: I do not have a car, so it has to be accessible through public transport (I can't drink beer on the tube but I can bring a pressurised cylinder that would take the head off a bloke if it broke? - Thank you Boris. We all love you...)

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Try Wholesale Tropicals in Bethnal Green, they do refills but you have to wait a week for it, don't know about prices.

3. ziggy_909

ziggy_909 Member

£8.50 for a 350g bottle, £26.00 for a 2Kg bottle...

still cheaper than the aquatic design center

4. rafmag

rafmag Newly Registered

London beer gas . Edmonton
    40£ bottle deposit 3.15kg
    20£ exchange
    free delivery in north London

5. greenink

greenink Member

this is genius - had no idea you could use a pub CO2 cylinder. much better value than even fire extinguishers....

6. greenink

greenink Member

Does the regulator from a FE fit neatly onto these bottles? assume it's the same?

7. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Hi mikeappleby
    Yes it does :D