• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not a good write up for liquid carbon

I dose it daily but only as a supplement to my pressurised CO2
How do you work this then Tim, I thought it was one or the other. :sorry:
I lost my supplier a while ago and did not find a new source
I've began to wonder where all these people source cheap/free CO2 as places I know have them taken away, reserviced etc and to have a refill prices quoted have been silly due to them having to be certified etc and also nowhere close by to me for that. I found a source on a well known auction site, however it seems postage has jumped up since my last order.

How do you work this then Tim, I thought it was one or the other. :sorry:
Not at all... well I think that a lot of scapers use both, principally for the algicide benefits, but also as an aid to growth. There's nothing wrong with belt and braces. It perhaps provides a little more wriggle room, especially when a scape is pushing the envelope with regards light intensity etc.

Not at all... well I think that a lot of scapers use both, principally for the algicide benefits, but also as an aid to growth. There's nothing wrong with belt and braces. It perhaps provides a little more wriggle room, especially when a scape is pushing the envelope with regards light intensity etc.
Do you just dose the same amount as you would, whether using CO2 or not? It's not something I think I remember reading before.

Just the recommended dose. Often though, it's only dosed at start up and during the growing in phase. Once the scape has matured and become biologically stable there is usually no need for it anymore.

Hi Sanj, good to see you're still about. I dose it daily but only as a supplement to my pressurised CO2, mainly as an algicide. But I think some sort of additional carbon source is better than none.

Thanks Tim, in the last year or two I have been in the pond section.

I shall post before and after shots of my neglected 300l and see how and if things progress.

Back