Not at all reliable! Problem Resolved.

Discussion in 'Hinterfeld' started by BarryH, 19 Jul 2018.

1. BarryH

BarryH Member

Before buying from Hinterfeld, I was promised in three separate emails that I would be able to track the delivery, that is NOT TRUE.

Although the parcel from Hinterfeld arrived today with the packaging and contents all badly damaged due to the box only being wrapped in a single layer of bubble inside a thin bin bag, their "Tracking" still shows as the parcel not being delivered and marked as Pending. What a joke.

The Chihiros LEDs seem to be a decent product but what's the use of buying one from Hinterfeld if they can't even bother wrapping it in a reasonable manner and keeping the tracking up to date. For me, a complete waste of time. Now I have the problem that others seem to have in getting a refund.

2. zozo

zozo Member

Note the parcel crosses several continents.. If it is send from a china based warehouse and you read all available information. Than you will read their tracking service stops the moment it arrives in destination country. The moment it is scanned at destination airport it is further responsibility of the recieving postal service to update on it. And this is what often fails.. Who's to blame? i doubt it is the sender nor is the originating postal service.

About the damage, the few times it happened to me it suficed to contact the seller.. They are all very keen on positive feedback from their customers and 90% of the ties i had to ask a refund or resend the problem was solved.

Yet not experienced this with Hinterfeld and ordered quite some glassware from them in the past.

I can understand your frustration, but i have a hunch it will be solved..

3. BarryH

BarryH Member

Thanks for the reply Zozo. What concerned me most was the packaging, or lack of it. As you mention the parcel would have to cross several continents so I would have expected Hinterfeld to have taken this into account.

4. doylecolmdoyle

doylecolmdoyle Member

What did you order? usually a LED light would come in a box, which is then wrapped in plastic, any time I have had a issue with a product from hinterfeld they have resolved the issue quickly, drop them an email.

BarryH likes this.
  5. BarryH

BarryH Member

Thanks for the reply. Just waiting for a reply now.

6. Zeus.

Zeus. Member

Purchased four lights from them all different orders plus other bits here and there and never had an issue from the UK or international orders. Took longer from international site to arrive ofc

BarryH likes this.
  7. Onoma1

Onoma1 Member

I think it may be a glitch. I have bought lily pipes, a glass skimmer and other bits an pieces and they always arrive safe and sound. Have they replied to you?

8. rebel

rebel Member

Maybe customs opened it?

9. Iwagumi_Scaper

Iwagumi_Scaper Member

I ordered one of the Chihiros lights from Hinterfield myself and it arrived very well packaged (too well packaged actually. I struggled to open it!) so I think something must have happened in transit with yours. Maybe customs opened it like rebel says. My light arrived a lot quicker than their advertised delivery time as well which was a nice surprise.

10. BarryH

BarryH Member

Thanks to Hinterfeld, I now have a light unit that works and it works really well, very impressed The original one I ordered arrived with the packaging in a damaged state and the light unit was not working at all. After a few mails to Hinterfeld, they replaced the original light which arrived well wrapped and safely in one piece.

When I ordered the original light unit, I also ordered one of the S2 Pro Controllers, now I have had a chance to try it out, I can only add that it's a brilliant piece of kit and, for me, it's real value for the small amount I spent on it.

hogan53 and Zeus. like this.
  11. PedroB

PedroB Member

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the thread, roughly how long did your orders take to arrive?

I've ordered a couple of Chihiros A-series 800 and I'm worried I'll be on holiday when they arrive.