• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not going so well this time.

bazz

Hi,

Jewel lido 70 x 60 x 50cm, 200l.
2 x 600 Ultima growbeam on 50% for 5 hours/day.
1200 XLT filter.
2000 compact+ running a Sera Flore 1000 reactor.
Drop checker 4 degree KH water = yellow.
3 Bags of Eco complete and 1 bag of Seachem fluorite black.
Dosing EI.

I've set up 7 or 8 aquariums over the last 6 years I've been a member of this forum, from 30 litres to 300, and every one has been a resounding success from the word go to until strip down. However, this time around things aren't working quite so well. Plant growth and health are just not as good as I've previously experienced. The two things I was wondering were, my ferts are about a year old and I was thinking that although they are in proper tight fitting containers they have been briefly exposed to the atmosphere and think that maybe they have become oxidised in some way? The other thing I was pondering was that maybe the Eco complete was absorbing the nutrients? I've always used Aquasoil Africana, Amazonia and Colombo florabase in the past, but was looking for a substrate with a bit more longevity, or maybe I'm missing something completely in my old age?

Any thoughts or feedback on the 3 questions are more than welcome.
Cheers and Thanks.
Bazz.

Back