• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not sure what lights now...

Doozer999

Hi, a bit more help needed - please direct me elsewhere if this exists already...I am sure it has!

I am rescaping my Jewel Rio 125L tank....I am no expert as other threads will testify...plants to be used include:

• Micranthemum ‚Monte Carlo‘
• Pogostemon helferi
• Microsorum pteropus ‚Windelov‘
• Ludwigia palustris
• Cyperus helferi

I'll likely have some CO2 injection, as I have the hardware...

My question is about lighting.

I need to renew the current Highlite Day T5s (2x590mm) 28W each, and reflectors.

I can't afford to go LED....should I save up? Or get new T5 lamps, and if so what kind of wattage should I be looking for...or any other advice!? 😇

Thank you!

Well t5's work fine. Some people prefer then over led. You will need same size & wattage jewel bulbs they are an odd size. But £40 a pair against £140 for a new jewel led unit and bulbs.
Me i'd go for cheapest option.

thank you milla....I too want to go for the cheaper option!

This whole aquascape malarky isn't cheap though...

Does it matter what light "type" it is - daylight, marine, natural, etc...?

Thank you!

Yes thet type matter somewhat from a visual perspective the plants don't really give a damn.
It's all about the colour rendition The Daylight are what you allready have The naturall has a more yellow tint to it meant to hightlight greens in plants.
As new standard jewel tanks are fitted with one of each which balances out quite nicely.

Avoid Marine its not inteded for a tropical tank it will be too white

Back