• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not to sure if rocks will be ok

Brad123

Hello all were I work they have a lot of rocks all over the site. Want to know if they will be OK to us
IMG_20210407_104356.jpg IMG_20210407_104330.jpg

I believe nitrate bottle 1 or ammonia bottle 2 from the API test kits can be used for an acid test.

Also, I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, most rocks will be fine, worst case they will increase you hardness over time but a weekly waterchange will reset this.

Although you should take into consideration the requirements of your livestock. Not all will handle changing parameters.

Put some strong vinegar or acid on them and see if they fizz. I would be concerned that they are limestone
Cool I've got sprit of salt will give that a go.
I believe nitrate bottle 1 or ammonia bottle 2 from the API test kits can be used for an acid test.

Also, I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, most rocks will be fine, worst case they will increase you hardness over time but a weekly waterchange will reset this.

Although you should take into consideration the requirements of your livestock. Not all will handle changing parameters.
Thanks for the advice
Will be doing 50% water change once a week. The rock look like they come for the beach big round pebbles broken up.

Back